Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ex-ish DB

1. Regular Member

ex-ish DB

Advertisements
    I've been gone for what feels like forever but there were a lot of things that needed to be dealt with in my personal life.

So there's been a shift in the relationship with the ex. To be specific, this is the ex I was in an LTR with that got back in touch. We hashed out the issues, acknowledged where we went wrong in the past and spent time getting to know each other all over again as friends. It's been interesting to say the least. I've seen a side of him I never knew existed. There were no serious expectations on either side but he and I both want to give it another go. However we decided to wait until after he's returned from this deployment (2nd for him but 1st I'm around for )to make any decisions beyond that. The general idea when he gets back is that we'd take it the pace we've been going and not rush into anything. Have any of you gotten back together with an ex and had it work out?
  2. Senior Member
    Not me personally, no. I got back with my ex many times and it crashed and burned beyond repair last time. Since then I'm basically of the mind set of: it didn't work for a reason and it's best to start fresh without all the past problems. I'm sure it can work, I'm just not one to ever try to find out again good luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Nope. I got back with an ex once. We were best friends, and I miss him to this day but we were not right romantically. All of my other boyfriends did something I couldn't forgive so I never gave them another chance.

4. Senior Member
    Other than dating someone in my mid 20s who I "dated" for 6 weeks in early high school, no. Generally, I believe that when people break up, it is for a reason, and unless a ton of time has passed and there have been significant life changes that suggest things might be different, I've never seen a do-over relationship work out over the long term. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I think they are rare.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    I feel like this topic comes up once a week but the answer is no, I have not, and I don't foresee it happening either.
  6. Senior Member
    Nope. I prefer not to look in the rearview mirror, and believe that once something is broken, as much as you want to glue it back together, it won't ever be the same. Maybe pessimistic, but life's too short, IMO.

However, what works for me, may not work for you. Everyone is different. If you want to give it another go that is totally up to you. Good luck!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Nope. The one ex I gave a second chance crashed and burned.

Not to say it can never work. It just didn't for me. If you are able to work past the issues then maybe it can.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Nope, I've never gotten back with an ex. Unless the "omg you jerk! I'm breaking up with you. Oh wait, I love you again 2 days later" game in High School counts
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    So far, yes

DH and I broke up when we were dating in HS.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Other than dating someone in my mid 20s who I "dated" for 6 weeks in early high school, no. Generally, I believe that when people break up, it is for a reason, and unless a ton of time has passed and there have been significant life changes that suggest things might be different, I've never seen a do-over relationship work out over the long term. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I think they are rare.
    It's been about 2 years since the breakup and we've both changed in some major ways in terms of personality. So... maybe?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast