Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Gifts

1. Senior Member

Valentine's Gifts

Advertisements
    Do you and your SO exchange gifts? What did you or are you going to give, or get?

I got DH this

It's a compass! I included a note that said "Use this to find your way home from Afghanistan. My heart will always guide you and I will always be here". I really wanted to get him something meaningful with him being deployed. He loved it And then he outdid me and got me a diamond necklace

It matches the earrings he got me for our anniversary back in October.

So for those who celebrate V-Day, what did or are you going to give/receive?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Awww, what lovely gifts!

We don't usually exchange unless there is something one or the other has been wanting and V-day makes a good excuse to do it. We do cards and either a nice dinner out or a nice dinner in (going to be the latter this year). We were more into the whole flowers/gifts/whatever while he was geo-baching it and we weren't able to be together.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm going to buy myself a box of chocolates on half day. Does that count?
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  4. Senior Member
    Also! Those gifts are super adorable!
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  5. Senior Member
    Not really. He's gotten me edible arrangements or roses in the past and I got him a gift bag with lots of red candies and red Gatorade. When he was away for those 3 years i didn't get him anything. We probably won't do anything at all this year since we're snowed in. We don't do gifts for Christmas either though, idk we share money so it always felt to me like I buy my own gifts, if we want something we just buy it.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    Awww, what lovely gifts!

We don't usually exchange unless there is something one or the other has been wanting and V-day makes a good excuse to do it. We do cards and either a nice dinner out or a nice dinner in (going to be the latter this year). We were more into the whole flowers/gifts/whatever while he was geo-baching it and we weren't able to be together.
    We usually do that too. Last year we took a trip to a small German city and stayed in a spa hotel instead of exchanging gifts. Deployment makes things like that more difficult. What are you going to make for your dinner in?

7. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    We don't exchange gifts for any holiday. Just not something that is important to us. I asked him what he would like me to put on the menu for tomorrow night. That's about it.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I love the compass! I got DH a bunch of things to take with him on deployment before he left, biggest thing being a new computer because his was crap. I'm waiting on mine, was supposed to be here today but who knows with the weather.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChandyPandy View Post
    I'm going to buy myself a box of chocolates on half day. Does that count?
    Yes! You best believe I will be at the PX early on the 15th for all that half priced candy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    Not really. He's gotten me edible arrangements or roses in the past and I got him a gift bag with lots of red candies and red Gatorade. When he was away for those 3 years i didn't get him anything. We probably won't do anything at all this year since we're snowed in. We don't do gifts for Christmas either though, idk we share money so it always felt to me like I buy my own gifts, if we want something we just buy it.
    we share money too, but we like to do surprise stuff. It's never really a surprise because we say "hey, I'm spending x amount on a gift" so nothing bad happens money wise But from the beginning DH has been all about gift giving, so we kept that up.

10. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I got DH this shirt! He knows this is coming though so I'll probably go buy some other small things tomorrow while he's at work

And I got these shiny awesome things:

The owl was for my birthday which is on Sunday and then the earrings were my valentine's gift

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast