Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheating

1. Regular Member

cheating

Advertisements
    I wondered what everyone's opinions on this are: If someone cheats on their partner in one relationship, does it mean they could or would eventually do it in another relationship?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

*if you see me on, please ask if I have worked out today!*
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    No, sometimes cheating truly is a one time mistake, but I do believe someone who has cheated has a much higher likelihood of cheating in the future. In general, I think someone who has proven in the past they can cheat, well, it shows something about their character.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Does it mean they could cheat on someone in the future? Well, yes. But someone who's never cheated in their whole life could also cheat on someone in the future too.

Is it a guarantee that they absolutely will cheat in the future? I don't think so. Some people learn their lesson and don't cheat again.

That being said, for me a history of cheating in the past would be a dealbreaker ... and of course, same for current/future cheating as well.
  4. Regular Member
    hmm. interesting. just to play devil's advocate that person didn't have to tell you they cheated on a partner once, so does that change anything for you that they were honest and told you?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

*if you see me on, please ask if I have worked out today!*
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    No, sometimes cheating truly is a one time mistake, but I do believe someone who has cheated has a much higher likelihood of cheating in the future. In general, I think someone who has proven in the past they can cheat, well, it shows something about their character.
    This. I 100% do NOT agree with "once a cheater, always a cheater" though.
  6. Senior Member
    Well my cheating experience was one ex who cheated on his wife with me (with me not knowing he was married) and then after me he continued cheating till his wife left him. Then my next boyfriend cheated on me for the girl he was SOOOO in love with, I left him, he got her and cheated her out of the picture.

So to me, if you've cheated before I'm more likely to think you'll cheat again.
  7. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Everyone has the ability to cheat at any time. Just because they cheated before doesn't mean they will cheat again. And someone who has never cheated is not immune to being a cheater.
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I think it really depends. Was it emotional cheating? Sex? A one night stand? A kiss? Some people would consider things cheating that I wouldn't so But no, I don't believe "Once a cheater, always a cheater."
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I feel like every relationship has a 50-50 chance of cheating happening or not happening. It's not affected by past relationships. It's like having a child, your first could be a girl but it doesn't mean that you second will definitely be a boy or definitely be a girl. It's a whole new 50-50 shot.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    hmm. interesting. just to play devil's advocate that person didn't have to tell you they cheated on a partner once, so does that change anything for you that they were honest and told you?
    If that's addressed to me, no, it doesn't change anything. When I'm considering getting serious with someone, I'll straight up ask them if they've ever cheated on anyone though ... I think it wouldn't be right to just wait for them to volunteer it and then surprise! just break up.

I respect that someone would be honest about a question like that, in the sense that I would be really irritated later if I found out they lied about it. But I still wouldn't want to be in a serious relationship with them.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast