Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Being Shy! Please Help!

1. Regular Member

Being Shy! Please Help!

Advertisements
    So my guy and I have been actually seeing each other for about 2 months and 4 months talking over skype while he was deployed. I still get really nervous around him. He is so smart and handsome and I am completely intrigued by him. I try to be more open but I get nervous still sometimes when I get to see him. We see each other once a week on my days off. He has mentioned how he wishes I would start more conversations when we are together and be more aggressive with him. How do I make the over whelming butterflies feelings go away so I can completely be my self around him? I don't want him to think I don't like talking to him or being around him cause I do so much it makes so excited and nervous!
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    No advice, but adorable!!

3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I was really shy around DH when we started dating. I don't think I fully opened up to him until we lived together I wrote him tons of emails though, because I'm better at communicating in writing. He would read them, and then call me and he could do most of the talking That sounds really weird when I think back to it.

Also, when he was deployed, we'd been married three years already and the one time that we skyped, I seriously was SO bashful. I couldn't hardly look him in the eyes because I couldn't believe he was really there on the screen. It was kind of ridiculous because we'd talk for a few hours every day on the phone, but we never "saw" each other except that one time.

I don't really have any advice, I know for me it just takes time for me to get really comfortable and have my full personality come out. Well, time, or rum (if you're over 21 ).
  4. Regular Member
    Thanks Ladies for the replies! I hope I can come out of my shell ASAP so he can see the real me. I am so much more fun and interesting than I have shown him! I have practiced and gave a lot of thought to things that I can do to show him that I am not boring and want to keep him interested!