Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: getting engagement ring re-sized??

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Help getting engagement ring re-sized??

Advertisements
    So when DF first asked me what size i was i told him 7 because i was at that time. Since then i've lost a lot of weight and in return my ring size shrunk.

Of course i didnt pay any mind to it before because i wasn't engaged so i had no clue that my fingers got skinnier lol
    Well long story short when i got my ring it was too big
    He is all the way in korea and i have have no idea where he got this ring from (had it mailed to me)

So my question is can i just go to any jeweler and get my ring re-sized and about how much would it be to make this happen??

ring is a size 7 and i am currently a size 5.5 (huge difference) im so scared to wear it because it slides right off and id be crushed if i ever lost it.

has anyone ever had to get there ring re-sized this much?

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolee View Post
    So when DF first asked me what size i was i told him 7 because i was at that time. Since then i've lost a lot of weight and in return my ring size shrunk.

Of course i didnt pay any mind to it before because i wasn't engaged so i had no clue that my fingers got skinnier lol
    Well long story short when i got my ring it was too big
    He is all the way in korea and i have have no idea where he got this ring from (had it mailed to me)

So my question is can i just go to any jeweler and get my ring re-sized and about how much would it be to make this happen??

ring is a size 7 and i am currently a size 5.5 (huge difference) im so scared to wear it because it slides right off and id be crushed if i ever lost it.

has anyone ever had to get there ring re-sized this much?
    I thought my ring size was a 6 so that's the size that DH got me, but come to find out, I'm not.

We had to get mine resized from a 6 down to between 4.5/4.75 I'm in between so I had to get little knobs put in on the inside of my ring.

Also I think it cost about $70 dollars to get it resized.
    Last edited by marvies; 09-27-2013 at 10:20 PM.
  3. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Any jewlwer should do it for you. I got my ring from the px and got it resized at zales. Cost about 40 I thibk
  4. Senior Member
    No idea how much it costs, but I've had rings resized before at different jewelers.
  5. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

You should be able to go to any jeweler to get it resized.
  6. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    The only reason I would be worried about taking it anywhere would be if there is a warranty on it. For example, mine has a warranty at Zales and as such, it can only be worked on by Zales.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'd wait until you can find out where he got it for warranty reasons. And mine was free to re-size because I took it to the jeweler he got it from. Was super easy and fast too.
  8. Senior Member
    Yeah depending on where he got it it may be free to size under the warranty. I went two and a half sizes up on my ring (I have sausage fingers) and it was $30 at a local jeweler then I went back down 2 sizes after I lost weight and it was $35 at kay. The cost depends on the metal and thickness of the band.