Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Back together :0)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Cloud 9 Back together :0)

Advertisements
    We broke up when he got his orders (multi-year stint) and we weren't ready to get married.

His orders changed and we got back together a few weeks ago. So happy to have my babe back in my life
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

congrats

when did you guys break up?
  3. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad you are happy but just be careful.
    There was a reason you guys decided to call off the relationship when he got his multi-year stint. That is something to look at. In the military there is going to be a lot of long term-long distance moments and it is important to know whether or not you guys can handle it and your relationship is worth that.
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelizah View Post
    I'm glad you are happy but just be careful.
    There was a reason you guys decided to call off the relationship when he got his multi-year stint. That is something to look at. In the military there is going to be a lot of long term-long distance moments and it is important to know whether or not you guys can handle it and your relationship is worth that.
    My thoughts exactly, but good luck!

"May you never go to hell, but always be on your way."
  5. Senior Member
    I'm a big believer in the fact that once people have decided they can live without each other, everything anyone needs to know about the future of that relationship is clear. If you couldn't stay together when you were going to be apart, what happens if you have to be apart again? Because that is always a possibility with the military.

I hope you guys were just impetuous and selfish when you broke up, and that now you've learned from that and it will work out for you.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I'm a big believer in the fact that once people have decided they can live without each other, everything anyone needs to know about the future of that relationship is clear. If you couldn't stay together when you were going to be apart, what happens if you have to be apart again? Because that is always a possibility with the military.

I hope you guys were just impetuous and selfish when you broke up, and that now you've learned from that and it will work out for you.
    That's how I feel as well. DH and I never took "a break" because we were either together or not.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post

Same.