Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm dying to know...

1. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries

Roll Eyes I'm dying to know...

Advertisements
    Just want it is that makes you love your relationship! I'm honestly in the mood to be super sappy. I love talking about the cute stuff my boyfriend does for me, and I KNOW you girls do, too. And lucky for you, I love listening to it! So let's hear it, ladies

I could go on and on about Tyler, but it's probably the little stuff he does that makes me love and appreciate him the most. Like how when I'm in a bad mood or stressed, he gives me a "movie day", and picks out a Disney princess movie to cuddle up and watch together. Or he even knows exactly how I like my coffee, or what my favorite flowers are. When he wants me to crack a smile, he sings part of a George Strait song, because he knows it can get me to smile every time.

Now enough about me. Your turn!
  2. Senior Member
    I love how he completes me. That as imperfect as I am, he knows the best of me and the worst of me, and he still loves me to the point I have seen him willing to do anything for me.... Even when I didn't deserve it. He truly is my other half because we have been together for almost 15 years and I still have a blast with him. He isn't romantic... But he takes care of me and like I said will do anything for me.

We communicate really well too, despite distance and deployments. He is my soulmate in every way if soul mates exist
  3. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPANavyWife View Post
    I love how he completes me. That as imperfect as I am, he knows the best of me and the worst of me, and he still loves me to the point I have seen him willing to do anything for me.... Even when I didn't deserve it. He truly is my other half because we have been together for almost 15 years and I still have a blast with him. He isn't romantic... But he takes care of me and like I said will do anything for me.

We communicate really well too, despite distance and deployments. He is my soulmate in every way if soul mates exist
    I love that! Wow, fifteen years is insane. Have you been with him since right when he joined the Navy? (I'm assuming he's in the Navy because your name is Navy wife!)
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samrealtalk View Post
    I love that! Wow, fifteen years is insane. Have you been with him since right when he joined the Navy? (I'm assuming he's in the Navy because your name is Navy wife!)
    Thanks! I actually met him a year after he joined. I was a senior in high school and he was stationed at his first duty station. My mom tried to get me to join the Navy and just before my 17th birthday, I backed out and said 'Sorry, mom, I'm going to live with my Dad in Hawaii' Figuring if I really wanted to join I could do it there... But I started having second thoughts and started talking to sailors out there via AOL to see if they liked it. Found DH and we started talking and the rest is history

How long have you guys been together? You guys sound really cute together! It's so amazing how much the little things mean so much.
  5. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! I actually met him a year after he joined. I was a senior in high school and he was stationed at his first duty station. My mom tried to get me to join the Navy and just before my 17th birthday, I backed out and said 'Sorry, mom, I'm going to live with my Dad in Hawaii' Figuring if I really wanted to join I could do it there... But I started having second thoughts and started talking to sailors out there via AOL to see if they liked it. Found DH and we started talking and the rest is history

How long have you guys been together? You guys sound really cute together! It's so amazing how much the little things mean so much.
    Man, I was hoping you could tell me everything is going to be okay once he leaves for basic! He hasn't actually left yet. He leaves in October. I think I'm anticipating it to be worse than it really is. THATS SO CUTE, THOUGH! When did you guys finally arrange to meet?

And we've been dating uh... see, neither of us really know. We were friends in high school because we had marching band together (I'm a grade ahead of him, though). When I was a freshmen in college I showed up at a Friday night high school football game to cheer on the band, we started talking more, and that was that! We like to say the end of September. So I guess almost a year now!
    It really is crazy! He could write my name in the sky with an airplane, and I still think I'd appreciate all of the little things more.
  6. Senior Member
    Man, I was hoping you could tell me everything is going to be okay once he leaves for basic! He hasn't actually left yet. He leaves in October. I think I'm anticipating it to be worse than it really is. THATS SO CUTE, THOUGH! When did you guys finally arrange to meet?

And we've been dating uh... see, neither of us really know. We were friends in high school because we had marching band together (I'm a grade ahead of him, though). When I was a freshmen in college I showed up at a Friday night high school football game to cheer on the band, we started talking more, and that was that! We like to say the end of September. So I guess almost a year now!
    It really is crazy! He could write my name in the sky with an airplane, and I still think I'd appreciate all of the little things more.
    I think you guys will be fine. Mostly from what I understand about basic is that is said to be the most challenging but IMO no more than a deployment or any other training where you are in the dark & can only get snail mail. I think it's a prelude to the rest of their career. One of my people at work who has a son in Army basic now, she is completely in the dark but she is getting letters.... However, her son refused to train a couple weeks in so he is getting discharged but is still there working as a janitor.

I've asked DH about basic and he says its not too bad. He did have a sort of girlfriend when he went in but she ditched him a few weeks in. Actually that's mostly what I've observed is that the person awaiting usually ditches versus the other way around. Of course others may have different observations though.

I think as long as you guys are committed and secure... You'll do fine and know its just a few or couple of months and then you'll have the whole rest of the time after that
  7. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    I think you guys will be fine. Mostly from what I understand about basic is that is said to be the most challenging but IMO no more than a deployment or any other training where you are in the dark & can only get snail mail. I think it's a prelude to the rest of their career. One of my people at work who has a son in Army basic now, she is completely in the dark but she is getting letters.... However, her son refused to train a couple weeks in so he is getting discharged but is still there working as a janitor.

I've asked DH about basic and he says its not too bad. He did have a sort of girlfriend when he went in but she ditched him a few weeks in. Actually that's mostly what I've observed is that the person awaiting usually ditches versus the other way around. Of course others may have different observations though.

I think as long as you guys are committed and secure... You'll do fine and know its just a few or couple of months and then you'll have the whole rest of the time after that
    The only real problem is that I'm stuck in Ohio while he goes off to school after basic. I trust him completely, and I know I can do this long distance thing, but he's a very "in person" type of guy. He can't stand texting, or talking on the phone, which isn't really a problem since we see each other often. I've told him though that if we're going to make this work he has to give in and do it sometimes for me. I know he'll put forth effort, but it's still sort of scary.
  8. Senior Member
    The only real problem is that I'm stuck in Ohio while he goes off to school after basic. I trust him completely, and I know I can do this long distance thing, but he's a very "in person" type of guy. He can't stand texting, or talking on the phone, which isn't really a problem since we see each other often. I've told him though that if we're going to make this work he has to give in and do it sometimes for me. I know he'll put forth effort, but it's still sort of scary.
    I totally hear you! My DH is not a social networking guy, doesn't even Facebook (and its encourage me to be off Facebook too)...and is not a texting type or on the phone type. Right now he is living in San Diego while me and the kids live at the house 8-9 hours away... Which we've been doing for about six months. But we make it work because we have a set timeframe where we FaceTime everyday for an hour (and he drives up here as 2-3 times a month for the weekends). In fact, he is driving up here right now.

Does he have a preference for where he may go afterwards? Does he know what he will be doing? You could start looking at the schools he will be at and for how long and maybe put a gameplan in mind for how often you two will be together. That's what I had to do as we started doing the long distance marriage thing. Even if I knew the plans could change at any minute, it helped me to start putting together a structure of HOW to make it work so I could start thinking 'Yeah, I can so do this'... That really helped me.
  9. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    I totally hear you! My DH is not a social networking guy, doesn't even Facebook (and its encourage me to be off Facebook too)...and is not a texting type or on the phone type. Right now he is living in San Diego while me and the kids live at the house 8-9 hours away... Which we've been doing for about six months. But we make it work because we have a set timeframe where we FaceTime everyday for an hour (and he drives up here as 2-3 times a month for the weekends). In fact, he is driving up here right now.

Does he have a preference for where he may go afterwards? Does he know what he will be doing? You could start looking at the schools he will be at and for how long and maybe put a gameplan in mind for how often you two will be together. That's what I had to do as we started doing the long distance marriage thing. Even if I knew the plans could change at any minute, it helped me to start putting together a structure of HOW to make it work so I could start thinking 'Yeah, I can so do this'... That really helped me.
    I've told him his webcam is definitely going to be put to use! Awe, I'm glad you get to see him soon!

He honestly has no idea where he's even going to school at. He has a feeling NC, but not exactly where at. We've talked about taking turns driving to each other, (that is, if he ever gets a leave or a weekend off. I'm not sure how this works and neither does he!) or maybe I'd fly down and stay for awhile.
  10. Senior Member
    I've told him his webcam is definitely going to be put to use! Awe, I'm glad you get to see him soon!

He honestly has no idea where he's even going to school at. He has a feeling NC, but not exactly where at. We've talked about taking turns driving to each other, (that is, if he ever gets a leave or a weekend off. I'm not sure how this works and neither does he!) or maybe I'd fly down and stay for awhile.
    Thanks... Seeing him on the weekends keeps life as normal as can be for us

Yeah, depending on where he gets stationed, you will definitely have to look at hopper flights or fun road trips. The interesting thing is more and more people nowadays have long distance relationships... Even civilian.

Another employee of mine, his girlfriend is in Portland (no military affiliation) and it would be a 15 hour drive which can be treacherous in the winter... But he flies up there for the weekends and him and his girlfriend rotate between who pays for the flight. They've been going out for over a year now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast