Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone please tell me I might be overreacting?

1. Regular Member

Someone please tell me I might be overreacting?

Advertisements
    My birthday is coming up this weekend and my DB said he'll try his best to come visit me. He has to ask his mom if he can take the car, not a problem there. He also told me his mom was going to try to find him his own car to buy since he needs a better one, definitely a good thing there. The problem is that the fact he said we'll see when I suggest public transportation if he can't get the car to come see me is what bothers me. What, it costs like less than $30 to take Greyhound round trip, really and he might not even want to do that?! I didn't tell him it was so cheap and that I could pick him up and drop him off because I thought it was common sense from me. Yes, that was stupid of me. I am also used to people telling me they get annoyed when I spell everything out for them so that's why I didn't tell him these details.

Um, what do I do? I don't want to be alone on my birthday. Would it be tacky if I went to go see him instead on my birthday? I was already planning on going to go see him on his birthday and he lives two hours away and I can't drive the freeway well. I am willing to take public transportation to go see him. I am also making him brownies this weekend and planning on doing something good for his birthday next month. I make too much effort when it comes to guys.
    Last edited by MidnightBlu; 08-19-2013 at 06:17 AM.
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Maybe he doesn't have $30.. maybe he doesn't like to ride the bus or public transportation.

What's the issue?

If you want to spend time with him on your birthday, up to you if you want to go to him or not. Why are you making brownies for him on your birthday?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Regular Member
    He has the money, but he told me he doesn't like public transportation. The issue is was that I've been told by everyone that if a guy really likes the woman especially when he's dating her, he'll compromise to go see her on her birthday. If he doesn't, then that means he's not into me? Do you think it's a dick move if he doesn't come see me because he doesn't want to take public transportation?

The brownies thing, I want to make him something to give back. He spent a lot to spend time with me last weekend.
  4. Senior Member
    Yes, maybe even $30 is more than he can spare now. Or maybe he isn't aware of those options. I would have thought a Greyhound ticket cost more than that. Or maybe he just doesn't want to put in the effort. Only you know your relationship well enough to know which of those options it might be. If it is either of the first two, then those are things you can fix and help with. Of it's the latter, then it's probably time to do some evaluating.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Regular Member
    I am beginning to think it is the latter. He said he will try his best to see me, but honestly he could if he wanted to take public transportation, but he doesn't like the idea of it.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I can tell you DH, then DB would not take a bus to come see me,,,, not even for my birthday.

if he could not have borrowed a car - he would not have come.

If I had a car and wanted to see him, then I would drive to see him.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightBlu View Post
    He has the money, but he told me he doesn't like public transportation. The issue is was that I've been told by everyone that if a guy really likes the woman especially when he's dating her, he'll compromise to go see her on her birthday. If he doesn't, then that means he's not into me? Do you think it's a dick move if he doesn't come see me because he doesn't want to take public transportation?

The brownies thing, I want to make him something to give back. He spent a lot to spend time with me last weekend.
    Who are the people that say these things? Its just....false. Sometimes people cant see people/do things on birthdays. Work/life/etc comes up. Maybe you feel comfortable taking a greyhound, but he doesnt. Thats fine. TBH I dont know if I would feel comfortable taking a greyhound. I took one a few times to and from college, but I was with friends every time. Alone? Eh...not so much. I think you are reading into this one incident wayyyyy too much. Now, if if is consistently dropping the ball on things like this, or avoiding seeing you often, then re-eval the relationship, but for one time like this? Eh, probs overreacting.
  8. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    I can tell you DH, then DB would not take a bus to come see me,,,, not even for my birthday.

if he could not have borrowed a car - he would not have come.

If I had a car and wanted to see him, then I would drive to see him.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Who are the people that say these things? Its just....false. Sometimes people cant see people/do things on birthdays. Work/life/etc comes up. Maybe you feel comfortable taking a greyhound, but he doesnt. Thats fine. TBH I dont know if I would feel comfortable taking a greyhound. I took one a few times to and from college, but I was with friends every time. Alone? Eh...not so much. I think you are reading into this one incident wayyyyy too much. Now, if if is consistently dropping the ball on things like this, or avoiding seeing you often, then re-eval the relationship, but for one time like this? Eh, probs overreacting.
    I don't feel comfortable taking Greyhound, but I would take Amtrak even though it costs more. I suggested that as well to him. I don't know, we'll see. Thanks I feel slightly better now.

My family, friends, and other women on other forums said that.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    Really? Has this happened to you guys?
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast