Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Got married!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin Got married!!

Advertisements
    Finally tied the knot last month! (: thought it would never get to happen! But now advice would be awesome!

First: Any advice for keeping a marriage alive long distance? I'm still finishing up school at Texas A&M, and my husband is still stationed in NC. I wish I could be moving there now, but we've decided it's best for me to finish school first... Since I'm so close to being done.

Second: Any advice for moving furniture from TX to NC? We had family give us a few things, but I don't know the best way to get it to our house in NC now :/

Third: Advice on overbearing parents? My father passed away when I was 15, and my mother has been very active in my life since then. But for the past three years she has started to get more and more suffocating. And it's already caused problems between my man and me, before we were even married. I don't want this to be a bigger problem. If this needs more of an explanation I can provide more details!

Thanks in advance for anyone that might reply! I don't get to check this too often, but since I'm setting up our house in NC right now and my husbands at work, I have some time to check it!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by baaiileeyy View Post
    Finally tied the knot last month! (: thought it would never get to happen! But now advice would be awesome!

First: Any advice for keeping a marriage alive long distance? I'm still finishing up school at Texas A&M, and my husband is still stationed in NC. I wish I could be moving there now, but we've decided it's best for me to finish school first... Since I'm so close to being done.

Second: Any advice for moving furniture from TX to NC? We had family give us a few things, but I don't know the best way to get it to our house in NC now :/

Third: Advice on overbearing parents? My father passed away when I was 15, and my mother has been very active in my life since then. But for the past three years she has started to get more and more suffocating. And it's already caused problems between my man and me, before we were even married. I don't want this to be a bigger problem. If this needs more of an explanation I can provide more details!

Thanks in advance for anyone that might reply! I don't get to check this too often, but since I'm setting up our house in NC right now and my husbands at work, I have some time to check it!

First: - communication. Presumably you were LDR to begin with, prior to the wedding, so it really isn't that different imo as far as how to keep the relationship healthy and strong.
    Second - been a minute since I had to deal with that, so will leave that to someone with more current info
    Third: - it's going to be a matter of setting and enforcing boundaries, which is going to be your's to do.
    Last edited by Ol' Grey Mare; 08-06-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling error
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Got an iPhone? We love the 'Couple' app

I don't think the military will pay to move you because u got married after he is stationed at NC. So...a Uhaul etc is going to be a lot of $. Maybe try to sell that furniture and use the $ to buy stuff once u get to NC.

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey