Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Anniversary -- HELP!

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Help First Anniversary -- HELP!

Advertisements
    I have no idea what to get my husband for our first wedding anniversary-- THIS SATURDAY!

I found this great present, and I ordered it-- but the guy said he got behind on his orders and now its not going to come in until the end of the month. (I'll probably save it for his reenlistment or christmas now)

Also, his birthday is the 15th, so I already got him a titanium dive knife and thigh holster. I know how to shop for him for stuff like that... but anniversaries? That's supposed to be special right?

I've actually never celebrated one before. exDH and I had the "separation/divorce" talk on our first anniversary. HELP!!!!

Update: So I figured I'd tell you what I ended up doing. After hours of wracking my brain and going, "omg, he's just so freakin' eclectic... I mean, I love him for it but I hate that I can't find the thingbecause of it"-- it hit me...

So I decide to do a whole bunch of little things that touch on the various aspects of why I love him.

I got him a JetBoil to represent his "prepared for everything-ness" -- pragmatically, he can use it on overnight field exercises and whatnot.

I got him this really cool abstract piece of art that is completely open to interpretation depending on how you hold it -- and it'll look good in his man room. That one represents the fact that I love how he's able to look at things from many different angles, and isn't influenced by what others around him say.
    And lastly, I got him a set of silver ben-wa balls... because of a reference that we make a lot. And of course, like I'm sure most wives think of their husbands, I think he's an amazing lover.

Lastly, I have a handwritten letter about how I am so grateful for him, and how I've seen how he's lived up to the vows he promised me 1 year ago (we wrote our own and he was SUPER proud of his ) And how grateful I am for the opportunity to share my life with him. And then that's inside a card.

It's not exactly "conventional"-- but neither is he.

Thanks for all the ideas, you guys!
    Last edited by sweetvanity; 08-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    because our first Wedding Anniversary is approaching as well...

3. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMrsG View Post
    because our first Wedding Anniversary is approaching as well...
    Mine isn't till December but it's never too early to start thinking about ideas.

4. Regular Member
    Write him a nice long letter about how happy you are to be married to him and about the past year of your marriage. It fits into the "paper" theme nicely and will be a nice little prelude to the gift that you already purchased if you decide to give it to him when you receive it.

For the ladies who are planning further ahead - I just finished making a Shutterfly Photo Book for our "paper" anniversary gift.
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I was definitely thinking about the letter. Its just so difficult to buy him something that will mean something to him-- like for real. I mean, I would love to do a photo book but our photographer JUST got me our album like 2 months ago and I"m STILL waiting on prints b/c she ordered the wrong ones the first time.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. Senior Member
    I prefer the presents where we create memories rather than get "things". I would rather spend a night or weekend with my husband nearby at a cool location where we can do something fun, take pictures, and have incredible memories than get a "thing".
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    I prefer the presents where we create memories rather than get "things". I would rather spend a night or weekend with my husband nearby at a cool location where we can do something fun, take pictures, and have incredible memories than get a "thing".
    That is how my husband and I are, and that is why we 'do' something that we couldn't normally afford (like Wicked, and TSO, and Broadway).

I guess I am no help, OP.

8. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Yeah, I hear that. I asked DH about that, the major problem with that is our current schedule. We're basically slapping hands as we pass each other. On the weekends, we just go with the flow. He asked me not to do anything that would put another "requirement" on him this year. I totally get where he's coming from. We're both exhausted.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Yeah, I hear that. I asked DH about that, the major problem with that is our current schedule. We're basically slapping hands as we pass each other. On the weekends, we just go with the flow. He asked me not to do anything that would put another "requirement" on him this year. I totally get where he's coming from. We're both exhausted.
    Ok, what about some other kind of easier memory making time? Like a couple's massage or a picnic by a lake or hiring someone to cook you a full meal and have it catered to your house.... hmmm, there are probably a lot of options like that out there too!
  10. Senior Member
    Ok, what about some other kind of easier memory making time? Like a couple's massage or a picnic by a lake or hiring someone to cook you a full meal and have it catered to your house.... hmmm, there are probably a lot of options like that out there too!
    Or a couples photo shoot! Or an indoor picnic if the weather is crappy. Making home made pizza together!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast