Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions, loves?

1. Regular Member

Giggle Opinions, loves?

Advertisements
    My DB just told me he plans on asking me to marry him on Christmas. I appreciate that he takes into play that big surprises tend to overwhelm me, but I don't know how to feel about knowing about THAT! I mean...I am really excited! But I kind of wish he would have surprised me with that. Anywho...would you want to know about something like that or be surprised?

I love you, DJB!
  2. Senior Member
    DH and I had discussed getting married way before the proposal. I knew it was going to happen, I even picked out my ring. I wish it would've come as a surprise though. :/

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Meh I pcked out my ring and I know he will ask in December also. I just don't know how haha. I am okay with it .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  4. Regular Member
    He is ASKING me what ring I want...I have one picked out, but I dunno if I want to tell him what it is or not. Let him guess, but kind of give him hints I will love whatever I get.

I love you, DJB!
  5. Senior Member
    We discussed getting married beforehand too. A surprise would have been fun but ultimately, I'm glad that we were both on the same page before he sprung it on me.
  6. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

We talked about getting married before DH proposed. He didn't ask me what type of ring I wanted, but he always paid attention to the rings I looked at in magazines or jewelry stores.

If you want to, you can always tell him you want a solitaire for him to propose with, and then go back in and pick out a ring together. A lot of places will take the solitaire back and put the full value towards the ring you pick together.

At any rate, Congrats! We will be looking for that ring thread come December!

7. Senior Member
    We discussed marriage. We looked at rings so DH could get an idea of what I liked, but he also told me it wouldn't happen for at least a year. He wanted time to save up for a ring. Little did I know he actually went and bought a ring the day after we ring shopped together. He held onto it for over a month when he finally proposed. I knew we would get married, but he still kept it all a secret as far as what ring and when it would happen.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  8. Senior Member
    Surprises are bad for me. I would not want to be surprised.
  9. Senior Member

We talked about it long before it happened haha. He actually had my ring for almost 6 months before he actually proposed, and we'd picked out almost the same exact ring (I guess it's a good thing that he picked out/bought the exact ring I was looking at with just a better quality diamond because I picked it out wayyyy after he bought it haha).
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My proposal sucked. It was over the phone because he was in basic. But it was a surprise because like the day he left he told me he never wanted to get married

As for my ring, we went and bought silver bands at walmart the day we got married, lol. And then we went and piked out my "real" ring together... Even though it was supposed to be a surprise I still look at it sometimes and am sad it wasn't a surprise.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast