Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My favorite part of a relationship

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

My favorite part of a relationship

Advertisements
    is the newness. The beginning of a relationship is seriously the most fun to me. Like, the whole part where you are getting to know each other, and going on first dates, feeling those nervous butterflies, meeting each other's friends, flirting, first kisses, etc. I wish there was a way to keep those feelings going forever. I'm really loving the whole single life/casually dating kind of thing.

If anyone in a long-term relationship/marriage still has those fun feelings, share your secret! Perhaps it's just about finding the right person.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

haha im so the complete opposite! i hate that part of a relationship its so unpredictable and unstable it makes me crazy.

im glad your enjoying the single life and dating though!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    is the newness. The beginning of a relationship is seriously the most fun to me. Like, the whole part where you are getting to know each other, and going on first dates, feeling those nervous butterflies, meeting each other's friends, flirting, first kisses, etc. I wish there was a way to keep those feelings going forever. I'm really loving the whole single life/casually dating kind of thing.

If anyone in a long-term relationship/marriage still has those fun feelings, share your secret! Perhaps it's just about finding the right person.
    I do too.
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post
    haha im so the complete opposite! i hate that part of a relationship its so unpredictable and unstable it makes me crazy.

I love feeling crazy and unpredictable!

5. Senior Member
    DH definitely still gives me butterflies at times and he says the same of me
    I think it really is about being unpredictable sometimes and doing little surprises, I think if we fell into a predictable routine everyday, it wouldn't work as well.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post

I'm this! I love having a stable relationship. I hate dating I'm glad you're happy and having fun.
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

If this sounds like a total Debbie downer response than ignore me but I still get major butterflies with DH (we've been together 5 years, married 4, so not a terribly long time but enough for the newness to wear off). I get butterflies seeing him, holding his hand, getting a text or a call. I have girlish squeeeeeeee excitement that I'm really bad at showing, but it happens every time the man walks through the door after work, or even just from being outside working on something for an hour

But that being said, I don't think it's about finding the right person, I think it's more about you. I'm like that, my dad is like that with my mom. But it's not always reciprocal. I don't think DH gets butterflies every time he sees me, that just isn't where his brain or focus is at. He loves me for sure, but for him, once the initial dating/honeymoon phase wore off, it was gone for him. My mom is the same way, she loves my dad more than anyone on Earth, but she doesn't have that prolonged honeymoon stage like he does with her.

So........that's my sad addition to this thread, I'm sorry!
  8. Senior Member
    that was my fav part of being single too

but really, with DH it happens sometimes still. like, we decided to be all cute and get ready for the ball in separate rooms this year. i went and got my extensions put in and my hair all did and makeup done, and got dressed and met him at our friends room. and seeing him all dolled up in his blues made my tummy flip. he said seeing me all done up did the same to him.

and then like, yesterday, we randomly decided to go to the pool and were just being so goofy, it was fun and silly and it was just like we were dating again.
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    If this sounds like a total Debbie downer response than ignore me but I still get major butterflies with DH (we've been together 5 years, married 4, so not a terribly long time but enough for the newness to wear off). I get butterflies seeing him, holding his hand, getting a text or a call. I have girlish squeeeeeeee excitement that I'm really bad at showing, but it happens every time the man walks through the door after work, or even just from being outside working on something for an hour

But that being said, I don't think it's about finding the right person, I think it's more about you. I'm like that, my dad is like that with my mom. But it's not always reciprocal. I don't think DH gets butterflies every time he sees me, that just isn't where his brain or focus is at. He loves me for sure, but for him, once the initial dating/honeymoon phase wore off, it was gone for him. My mom is the same way, she loves my dad more than anyone on Earth, but she doesn't have that prolonged honeymoon stage like he does with her.

So........that's my sad addition to this thread, I'm sorry!

This is me. I could probably be in that phase forever, but dh let me know a few months into being married that it wasn't there for him anymore.. That "gotta have you, always thinking about you, can't wait to see you" type of thing. I know he loves me, he said he loves me more than anything and loves being with me but its just different now. Which makes me think I should be over it too by now but I'm not. I still get butterflies all the time and wish I felt this strongly when he was the one feeling so strong lol.. I miss that and wish he wanted to keep that stage going because I think it can be sustainable if both people want it! But I like how you said you accept that that's just not how your dh thinks and that's ok... I should try harder to accept that. But I'm still in the mindset of maybe if I give it/do this/that, he'll reciprocate - give what you get type of idea... But no such luck lol

10. Regular Member
    I love all of it! The newness is fun, but the best is the trust and deep love and connection that is established over time. You know they will always have your back at your best and your worst

I want all of them!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast