Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE post#17 So..... want to hear a story?

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

UPDATE post#17 So..... want to hear a story?

Advertisements
    I went dancing tonight with a friend. My church was putting on a Young Single Adult dance and I had promised to bring some cookies. Well, I get there, drop the cookies off at the kitchen, walk into the gym (where the dance was) and did one loop to see if I knew anyone. I didn't see anyone and my friend hadn't arrived yet. I turned around to go back and immediately there was this guy that was making eye contact with me and walking toward me...

Now, that isn't usually something that happens to me.. so I was a bit wary. haha

He introduced himself (Phil) and I did the same. Apparently he had come down from Richmond with a group of people. We talked a little bit more and then my friend arrived. Good timing. haha We all moved into the dance floor and were enjoying the music and stuff and then a slow song came on. Phil asked me to dance.

I'm not one to say no, so why not?

We started dancing and I said I was from Seattle, just moved out here for school and so he asked what I was studying. Well.... this is where it got a bit... awkward? He said like flat out "Oh well, I have a.. chemical imbalance."

I didn't really react to that. But, yeah a bit odd and forthcoming. However, SINCE I didn't react, that gave him courage to continue.. haha "So, since you're in the mental health field you know about Bi-Polar and... Schizophrenia..? You know Shizoaffective Disorder? Cause I have that. But I've gotten help and it's been a long time since I've heard voices."

Who says that within literally 5 minutes of meeting someone?

I definitely do know about all those things... But I told him that I had a friend a long time ago that had Schizophrenia. I guess since I wasn't creeped out or disturbed by his revelation, that gave him what he needed to stick around the rest of the night.

Anyway, we hung out the rest of the night, with my friend and a few others of course. It was very interesting, but also fun. Phil was clearly interested in me, but he asked my friend and a few other girls to dance. He told me I was beautiful a few times. We talked about music. Good times.

Well, then near the end of the night he asked me for my phone number. Meh, why not? He really was a nice guy, not bad looking, dressed well, no obvious hygiene issues.

We were back on the dance floor right after I gave him my number and another slow song came on (he'd already asked me twice) and we were just kinda standing around and he said "I don't know if I should ask one of these girls to dance..." except it was kind of mumbled. I said, "Why not? There are plenty of girls standing around. Just go ask!" I have no clue why he suddenly "didn't know how" but..... dude, I just gave you my number, that's all. I don't know if that's what he was thinking but... haha

And then one last awkward comment came from him (after he went and asked a girl to dance. haha)

"I like girls with curves." "I dated Sarah and she was ...... [fishing for the right word" (at this point I could tell that he might just say something he regretted and I was about to just tell him to not talk.) "...... full figured. I like that."

What? hahahaha

Anyway, so yeah. I met a guy. He's nice, but... awkward. But I think we'll just be friends.... haha However, you never know how things might go.
    Last edited by Malfoy; 06-30-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Update
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Haha sounds like you had an interesting night.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

If you two ever do have a romantic future together, it'd be one hell of "how we met" story

4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post

If you two ever do have a romantic future together, it'd be one hell of "how we met" story

Honestly, that abrupt honesty reminds me of exDB!! When he and I first met, again literally within 5 minutes he said, "I've been divorced twice." I guess I just like having certain things come up... naturally. haha
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    That's... interesting?

6. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    That's... interesting?
    Yes. Yes it was.
  7. Regular Member
    Glad you met someone!
  8. Free!
    Free!
    That's actually kind of smart. Bring out the big skeletons early so if it chases someone away he hasn't gotten attached yet.
  9. Senior Member
    Maybe you just give off a very trustworthy vibe!
  10. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneslady View Post
    That's actually kind of smart. Bring out the big skeletons early so if it chases someone away he hasn't gotten attached yet.
    Perhaps!! That's one way to look at it I guess. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    Maybe you just give off a very trustworthy vibe!
    That's got to be it or something because honestly this is NOT the first, second, or fifth time that something similar has happened to me. Whenever I go out dancing or to similar events, there are ALWAYS creepers that find me!! This guy is actually one of the most level headed and normal. He didn't have the "crazy" eyes that a lot of others have had.. haha I don't know where they come from or why they come to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast