Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating Boy - OY!

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Online Dating Boy - OY!

Advertisements
    On this one "dating website" (i think that term is erroneous.) there is this guy who I need advice from you ladies (and gents?) about. [Sorry!! It's a novel!!!]

Near the end of February, I came across his profile and everything just seemed good to me. Didn't feel creepy, desperate, awkward- none of that. Just very normal and we apparently have a lot of things in common. So, I sent him a quick message saying hello. He sent a message back later that day.

Thanks for your note. I would love to chat sometime, but I am pretty slammed with other obligations right now. I will definitely keep you in mind and will write back if I can find some time later. Do you go to any of the YSA activities? I went to the DC Regional SA conference last weekend, it was kind of a bust for me, but I think a lot of others had fun. Take care, I will write more later if I can find some time.
    (YSA stands for Young Single Adult. It's a church thing)

Well, ok... not exactly what I was expecting in a reply, but not a turn down, right? After that message he "favorited" me. (It's basically what this site does so you can keep tabs on someone you're interested in.)

On March 1st, he sent me another message apologizing for being so busy. He asked me what I'm interested in and to tell him more about myself. Well, later that day, I sent a message back with things about myself and questions for him as well. Still very casual but I made sure to let it be known I'm interested.

That was March 1st, right? I haven't heard from him since. Typically this is how online dating goes for me. We get a few messages back and forth that haven't gone anywhere and then it just stops.

Well, here's the thing. He has looked at my profile at least a dozen times!! I don't get it. What's he waiting for? Me to start it all over again? He hasn't held up his side of the convo and it's been three months... I dunno, if he were to actually talk to me instead of creepin on my profile all the time, he'd know I am still interested. And honestly, given his age, that's kind of a big deal.

Here's my question. Should I send him another message? Should I just continue to wait until he takes initiative again? No joke, him replying to me those two times is the closest I've been to any type of action since last summer........................... I'm dying over here.
  2. Senior Member
    No. He knows how to reach you, clearly he can't take 2 seconds out of his "oh so busy" day to message you. You deserve someone who can at least do that.

Move on. He is not worth your time.
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    No. He knows how to reach you, clearly he can't take 2 seconds out of his "oh so busy" day to message you. You deserve someone who can at least do that.

I'd find someone else to talk to instead!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

5. Senior Member
    I think it's creepy that he just stares at your profile. Anyway, I think you've made a good effort, he dropped the ball, time to say NEXT!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. Regular Member
    I agree if he hasn't been able to find time to write you back in the last 3 months I'd move forward with talking to other people.
  8. Senior Member
    I'd maybe give him one more shot in case he is just shy and awkward, maybe he did have other serious obligations and now he feels bad and doesn't want to message you or something? But that would be my final attempt.
  9. Senior Member
    Call him out! Be like, dude, I see you creepin. You wanna talk or what?

Worst case, he doesn't. Buuuut he's not anyway so what do you have to lose?
  10. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I wouldn't bother. It's a two way street & I don't care how busy someone is... if they want to get to know you then they will make the time.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast