Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: No Roommates=Bliss

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Love No Roommates=Bliss

Advertisements
    So DB lives in a barracks room with 3 other guys. He doesn't like to have long skype or phone convos when he's in his room because it isn't very private and having roommates there are a little distracting (he will stop in the middle of the convo to answer a ques, etc). So normally we just text in the morning before he goes to work and at night before he goes to bed. Any skype and phone convos we have are generally when he's not in his room or tend to be very short if he is in his room. His roommates have all been on leave for the past week though and its been lovely!!!

I've watched him fall asleep on skype a few times, talked to him while he got ready for work every morning and when I get up, I get to have a morning conversation with him to start my day off very nicely. They can be short convos or long ones but its just been nice to have them I will be sad when his roommates come back next week
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Roommates suck! I hated talking to DH on his deployment because of his roommate, he was freakin awful

I'm so glad you guys are getting some good time talking together

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Roommates suck! I hated talking to DH on his deployment because of his roommate, he was freakin awful

I'm so glad you guys are getting some good time talking together
    Thanks!
  4. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Yay for no roommates!

DB has no roommates, but he does have a friend that always comes over randomly into his barracks and starts eating DB's food on the bed while listening to our conversations. It isn't that bad since DB and I are usually just being dorky except.. I'm always wearing like a tank top and panties (since it's like eleven p.m.). If he sees me wearing sleepy-clothes, he just says, "WHOOPS" really loud, and lays down on DB's bed facing the opposite way so he can't see us.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
    Yay for no roommates!

DB has no roommates, but he does have a friend that always comes over randomly into his barracks and starts eating DB's food on the bed while listening to our conversations. It isn't that bad since DB and I are usually just being dorky except.. I'm always wearing like a tank top and panties (since it's like eleven p.m.). If he sees me wearing sleepy-clothes, he just says, "WHOOPS" really loud, and lays down on DB's bed facing the opposite way so he can't see us.
    I would be so uncomfortable if one of DB's roommates saw me in my underwear or just sat and listened to our convos.
  6. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerGirl15 View Post
    I would be so uncomfortable if one of DB's roommates saw me in my underwear or just sat and listened to our convos.
    I don't blame you! But that's really awesome that you and your DH can finally have some private time, even if it's long distance
  7. Regular Member
    I was the one with the nosy roommate for a while DB has had a single room for a while now. He recently switched barracks and now has to share a bathroom with another guy, and realized how spoiled he was. Even that is a big difference, he thinks. Whiner
  8. Senior Member
    I definitely know how that is and it's awkward!! DF was in the barracks for a short time of our relationship and the same thing happened with us. I'm glad he finally moved out and we moved in together Although, then he had another roommate and when our roommate was there it sucked too! He was noisy and we would never have any alone time. Plus he was messy :/ I'm glad we can have time to our self now
  9. Senior Member
    DFs roommates in oki were awesome, they cracked me up. They were so random with stuff. Once on guy didn't know DF was on skype with me, and came in and started dancing like a girl, you know....dropping low and popping the booty Then he saw me on skype and got all embarrassed Also, with those guys DF was more open and not as shy to talk to me Now, he's in AZ and he does the same thing your DB does now. I guess it's b/c he's not as close to the new guys/roomie yet?

I miss our skype talks
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey