Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Goodness he is the best <3

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cloud 9 Goodness he is the best <3

Advertisements
    I swear Db is the sweetest, He has yet to fail at calling me every day going on three months now . He has just been so great and understanding. He has made this separation SO much easier. He has left me no room for any doubt that he loves me to death. The other day he bought me on online game that I REALLY wanted and I told him that could be my birthday present. He refused and said he wanted to be able to send me something as well. He may be trying to spoil me . He skyped while I was at a family event and got along so well with all my family so I was really happy about that.

We have been talking further about getting married in December. I still want a no muss no fuss court house wedding and just have a big one when we can afford it and everyone can show up. He still is adamant that I "deserve" something special . So I guess we are officially unofficially engaged . Going to be married but no ring yet! He still wants to try and come down sooner so he can ask my dad for permission (he feels that is important), but I doubt that will happen so I will more than likely have to break the news myself (not looking forward to that at all). He also just booked our hotel reservations for Universal studios and I am so excited! It will be so much fun!

Things are just going so well, feeling like a very lucky girl right now .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  2. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

it's always nice to feel loved
    Why are you nervous about telling your dad?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SamInCT View Post
    it's always nice to feel loved
    Why are you nervous about telling your dad?
    We are pretty young and I would be moving to Germany with him which he would not be happy about.
    I know he will come around, he knows I don't do rash things. I am just worried about his initial reaction.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  4. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    We are pretty young and I would be moving to Germany with him which he would not be happy about.
    I know he will come around, he knows I don't do rash things. I am just worried about his initial reaction.
    Ah. I understand. I hope it goes well for you. I've sprung a few surprises on my parents before, some went well, some not so much.
  5. Senior Member
    Aww He sounds super sweet and caring.
    My DH didn't have the time or money to go see my dad in person to ask him for permission to marry him, so he asked him over the phone. It was better than nothing at all, and my dad actually took it very well (I was also pretty young!)

I hope everything works out. I also wanted a courthouse marriage but both DH and my mother insisted on making the day special. It was a small wedding, about 20 people, but it really did make a difference. A lot of the times, life gets so busy that the "big ceremony" just never happens and that's kind of what happened to us....so I'm glad my family took the time and effort to make the day so special for us.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SamInCT View Post
    Ah. I understand. I hope it goes well for you. I've sprung a few surprises on my parents before, some went well, some not so much.
    Thanks

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypasta View Post
    Aww He sounds super sweet and caring.
    My DH didn't have the time or money to go see my dad in person to ask him for permission to marry him, so he asked him over the phone. It was better than nothing at all, and my dad actually took it very well (I was also pretty young!)

I hope everything works out. I also wanted a courthouse marriage but both DH and my mother insisted on making the day special. It was a small wedding, about 20 people, but it really did make a difference. A lot of the times, life gets so busy that the "big ceremony" just never happens and that's kind of what happened to us....so I'm glad my family took the time and effort to make the day so special for us.
    We were talking about him calling if he is unable to come down. I think my dad will take it well because I am so much like him. My mom not so much She is a worry wart. Yea I think something small would be ok, I just have such a huge close knit family that it would be hard keeping things small and within our price range.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey