Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do you do when...

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

What do you do when...

Advertisements
    your SO needs a pick me up?

DH has had a rough month with an inspection, change of command, drama in his unit, weekly 24 hour duty, working 12 to 15 hour days every weekday, the list goes on. Poor thing is exhausted and seems to be in a miserable mood as of late. I've tried to get him to talk about it but DH isn't much of a talker. He always keeps thing to himself until some little thing sets him off like a volcano. He has always been like that and I've known him for about 7 years. His best friends from childhood say the same thing. I know it's not healthy but that is just how he is. I have tried other ways to cheer him up like making well attempting to make his favorite foods, I had my mom send his video games from NJ. (DMO is another disaster that has both of us pissed off. Our HHG hasn't even been packed & picked up yet but that is another saga.) I had two of his buddies here to try and take him out for a boys night but he didn't even go. Forget about It's been over two weeks. I'm pretty sure all the stress and his bad mood is lowering his sex drive. I had this week so no wasn't that big of a deal. I'm out of ideas.

So what do you guys do when your SO is extremely :grump?

2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Last time DH was in a bad mood and down on his luck, I bought him a multimeter and he pepped right up

Sorry, I know that probably wont help but I just try to get him somthing or have him do something that he enjoys and will occupy his mind.
  3. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    Last time DH was in a bad mood and down on his luck, I bought him a multimeter and he pepped right up

Sorry, I know that probably wont help but I just try to get him somthing or have him do something that he enjoys and will occupy his mind.
    What's a multimeter?

Thanks. I had my mom send the video games because it's been ages since he's played and I know that is one of his favorite things to do. He gave up on call of duty after like 10 minutes. That has to be a record. He says it's because he doesn't have his headset so he can't talk to his buddies back home while they all play and he doesn't want to spend the money on a new one. Maybe I'll pick one up while he is at soccer practice. If it cheers him up, it'll be $15 bucks well spent. I know he wants his car detailed so maybe I'll get that done. His crappy mood is starting to wear off on me.

4. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

It's a tool that measures current, volts, and ohms and stuff. It's boring but he likes that crap.

Just hang in there. It'll get better.
  5. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    It's a tool that measures current, volts, and ohms and stuff. It's boring but he likes that crap.

Just hang in there. It'll get better.
    Hey if he likes it then that is all that matters. My DH wouldn't like that but he would like computer gadgets.

Thanks for the I appreciate it!

6. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    I've done the little things. Left a sticky note on his orange juice, left some chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge (and used the remaining melted chocolate to make a heart outline which I put on top of the plate to make it pretty), gave him a long back rub, just gave him some time and space, bought a favorite magazine and left it on his pillow, etc
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

7. Senior Member
    I woke up before he did for work at buttcrack of dawn and cooked him bacon and eggs and made coffee.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm sure it's harder being there and not feeling like you are helping. Know that deep down I'm sure he appreciates all that you are doing.

I've been known to send extra texts and leave skype messages I know he wont get till later when DB is grumpy. I think its different for me because we are LD and only communicate via skype and texts at the moment.

Hang in there and know it will get better. Maybe you can plan a small outing when he's got a day off to explore the island or get in a romantic walk. Good Luck.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Sometimes there isn't anything you can do but be patient. I think getting him the headset would be a nice gesture, though!

I agree, can you plan something that gets him away for a little bit? Maybe a picnic or a walk?