Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ending your relationship

1. Senior Member

Question Ending your relationship

Advertisements
    How did you know it was time to move on?
    Was it after a specific event or due to a feeling you couldn't shake or lack of feelings?

In a time of such mixed emotions for me, I am just curious about your experiences
    TIA!
    Mommy since 2009
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    With my last relationship that I ended it was because he cheated on me, that was the last straw though he and I had had our ups and downs over the couple months leading up and I just knew it wasn't going to work out. For all the good moments there were 10 bad to out weigh them. Sometimes when you know it's not right it's best just to cut your losses and walk away.

3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    My last relationship involved a lot of manipulation and we broke up for various reasons. I think the last straw for me was that he decided he needed a night out, went out and got trashed and slept over at some girls house. He denied that anything happened, but I wasn't born yesterday.

4. Senior Member
    Hmm...Last one I ended I literally just woek up and was disgusted by the guy. Most were rather mutual or the guy broke up with me.
  5. Senior Member
    I have never dumped a guy before. My first boyfriend broke up with me while we were fighting about how to fix our relationship. I asked him to stop lying to me and saying he's going to do these things and not following through. We chose to remain friends after the breakup because he is good friends with my cousins. When we'd see each other, all his friends and my cousins assumed we'd get back together. We talked for a while by phone, email, and text message. He even sent me a message via MySpace that he missed me and posted the music video of Hoobastank's The Reason on my page as his apology. It was sweet. But I didn't need more words from him because they turned out to be more lies and broken promises. It hurt. But we never got back together. My ex is a good guy and I'm thankful he was my first love, but I knew we weren't right together.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I walked away from my last relationship because the guy didn't have any long term goals and said he didn't care if he ever had a wife or kids. I have always wanted children so that was a no go for me and I ended it right there during our future goal saturday morning brunch date.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When you are no longer interested in trying to fix it.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    for me it was always when the tiniest things just drove me CRAZY. like, we'd go out on a date and i'd be like JESUS CHRIST THE WAY YOU'RE CHEWING MAKES ME WANT TO MURDER YOU.
    i mean, that sounds nuts, but in a relationship that i still want to be in and want to work on, i'm capable of brushing little irritants off and not being bothered. when those things DID start bothering me, i knew it was time to let go.
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    When you are no longer interested in trying to fix it.
    My thoughts too..

or if you have to ask if its time to move on, then it probably is.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    My thoughts too..

or if you have to ask if its time to move on, then it probably is.
    Well, sometimes the answer to that question is maybe its something that we can work on."
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast