Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "this would be a great place for a wedding."

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Giggle "this would be a great place for a wedding."

Advertisements
    This weekend was my college graduation () and DB was able to make it (double ) lol

My parents, two of my brothers, DB and my grandparents went out to dinner after graduation and my dad was telling us how he went to this country club for work. He was talking about how nice it was and says, "I thought, 'Ya know, this would be a great place for a wedding.'" And he looks at DB and I.

My mom was like, "Oh my god! ALAN!"

So we make a few jokes about it.

Then, my little brother chimes in, "So, you're naming your first son Russell the 4th right?"

I look at him and go, "Jeez, I didn't know I was pregnant!"

Oh man, I'll tell ya, now that I graduated... I feel like this stuff is going to come up more often from everyone...

Anyone else have stories like this? I'd love to hear them!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Not with DH but one of my ex's that I was only with for a month, his mom was practically planning our marriage when we were dating. I was only like 16 & she was talking about colors, food, & our kids.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

My mom is the worst at being embarrassing. When dh and I had been dating/engaged for about six months, she held his hand on the couch, told me to go to bed (I stayed, I didn't want him to feel abandoned ) and she told him if I don't marry him she will

I guess I should have expected it, she is notorious for sitting down my cousins boyfriends and asking them their intentions. She thinks it's hilarious, but they are usually traumatized for life.
  4. Senior Member

my dad fixed up a banquet hall type thing and when he was working on it he made comments about how it would be good for a wedding

my mom always makes comments about me getting married. she knows DB is saving for a ring, so she took me to the mall one day so i can show her what i like so that "if DB asks her she knows what to show him." i told him now he has to ask her
  5. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    One day when I came home from college, my dad told me that he and my mom were talking about it and they'd support my decision to get butt implants if I ever decided I wanted them
  6. KAD
    My DB's friends always ask us when we are tying the knot or when I am moving in with him. They mention it every time I got to visit. And they always refer to me as the wife. The other day his supervisor told him that he'd be a witness if we wanted to go to the courthouse that beautiful thursday afternoon haha! We are going to Vegas this weekend... so we will see what happens in Vegas. Ha jk! It is funny though. His mom has mentioned it once and she didn't know she was on the hands free in his truck, so I overheard her .
  7. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SugaInMyPockets View Post
    One day when I came home from college, my dad told me that he and my mom were talking about it and they'd support my decision to get butt implants if I ever decided I wanted them
    OMG!

My parents are of the opinion that I need to graduate before I'm considered an adult, and certainly no weddings while in school. So no awkward wedding moments there.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  8. who will drive my soul?
    who will drive my soul?
    My husband and I have been married about 3 and a half years, and lately my parents are doing the whole, "Aw, this outfit would be perfect for your baby!"

...we don't have babies. Nor am I pregnant...

I guess they're ready to be grandparents, even if we aren't ready to be parents yet!
  9. Senior Member
    I wish my parents would do that Both with marriage and kids my parents said wait. I was only with DH two months before marriage and I was 19 so I understand that one, but we've been married a year and half now, and my mother still does the "wait for kids!" thing. But we're having a family anyway. I never listened to my parents

10. Senior Member
    My parents realize that I'm going to be an old spinster, so they leave me alone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast