Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it ever "scary good"?

1. Banned
    Banned

Is it ever "scary good"?

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever had this "too good to be true/scary good" feeling? Seriously, things with DB are going so well, this can't be real life He's everything I have ever wanted, and more. Every day there are things I find out about him that make me love and adore him even more. We just...mesh....It's like we are one person. It's scary. For example, the other day he was on duty, and I was at home, and we were texting....keep in mind, it's May, and I randomly asked him if he liked the movie Elf, since it's my favorite, and I don't know why but it just popped into my head. He texts me back..."seriously? I AM WATCHING ELF RIGHT NOW" We were like no way, so weird I just happened to ask that, randomly, in May when it's a Christmas movie. These kinda things happen all the time. We see eye to eye on like...everything. We have the same values. He is the boy version of me, I am not even kidding. We have the exact same sense of humor.

He is just completely amazing, he drives 2 hours when I have a shitty day, just to take me to dinner and make me feel better. We spend weekends together and it's just so...easy. It's never complicated, no drama, we don't fight. I have a level of comfort with him I have never had with anyone before, ever. I tell him everything...like EVERYTHING, and I don't even have to think about it...I never have to think that he will think I'm crazy or impossible or stupid. I've never had that with anyone. He is so kind, my family loves him, and I have never met his mom, but we have been talking like we are old friends. She is a principal, I'm a teacher, so we share stories, talk on the phone for hours. We have skyped, and I am going to meet her this summer.

There are just times where I am completely terrified. I read stories on here where everything is going well and them BAM...break up. Like seriously, the thought of losing this guy sends me into panic attacks. He makes me feel like all my past relationships, and even my engagement, were superficial. And after what happened with ex DF I thought I could never trust a man ever again...but I trust him so much, there are never ever any doubts or questions in my mind that he's doing anything shady and it's such a good feeling!! I love where all this is going, I am so excited for the future, but at the same time, I am terrified that it will end. That one day he doesn't want to be with me anymore, just out of the blue, and pull the rug right out from under me.

Is it normal to feel that way? I suppose everytime you love someone there is a chance it will be taken away, but I really truly believe this man is my soulmate. I don't want to freak out, I want to enjoy my relationship. He told me that I am not what he looks for in a woman...I AM the woman.

I am just rambling now...
  2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Ms. Nutmeg is a testament to the fact that "too good to be true" can legitimately just be fuckin' amazing, and I'm a testament to the fact that horrible things can completely fucking blind side you when you think that things are just too good to be true. You probably saw my breakup post in the Bunker. Don't get me wrong, DB has been pretty damn amazing after the insanity that was the last six months, but now I'm kind of cynical.

I would say that this guy sounds fucking amazing and you should just go with it, because my cynicism is dumb. Seriously, there are AMAZING people out there and I think there's such a thing as a soulmate. I don't think that you'll ever look back at this and think it's a waste of time, so I'd sit back and enjoy the ride. It honestly seems like it's going to turn out to be amazing.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Scott and I have always bickered a bit (two type A's, hurrah lol), but legit the rest of your post is dead on for us and always have been. Now we've been together almost 3 years and we would be lost without each other. The whole "two become one" thing came really easily for us because we had SO much in common. We really are twin souls-- we complement each other in almost every way. Like I said, we do bicker occasionally, but it's nothing too bad-- we're both young and strong-willed and it decreases over time

Bottom line? Sometimes too good to be true is real I didn't believe in "soulmates" until I met my husband. Now I absolutely do.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    After four and a half years, yes. DB and I both feel like that. But we've built our relationship from the ground up and just have a solid foundation. We're both a bit paranoid in general
  5. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Scott and I have always bickered a bit (two type A's, hurrah lol), but legit the rest of your post is dead on for us and always have been. Now we've been together almost 3 years and we would be lost without each other. The whole "two become one" thing came really easily for us because we had SO much in common. We really are twin souls-- we complement each other in almost every way. Like I said, we do bicker occasionally, but it's nothing too bad-- we're both young and strong-willed and it decreases over time

Bottom line? Sometimes too good to be true is real I didn't believe in "soulmates" until I met my husband. Now I absolutely do.
    Even I feel like that and my relationship has been through some CRAZY shit. It's definitely possible to fit with someone.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Thanks girls. I have never believed in soulmates until now. At least not ONE soulmate. I never believed that there's just one person out there for everyone. I always believed that there are several people in your life that can be your soulmate. Like a best friend, family, etc. But now I am convinced he is my one and only. He is like a best friend/boyfriend all in one, and we just connect so perfectly. Maybe I'm just crazy. I have never had this fear of loss before I guess, not even with my past relationships. I have never thought about how lost I would be if someone wasn't in my life anymore.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    Even I feel like that and my relationship has been through some CRAZY shit. It's definitely possible to fit with someone.
    For sure We haven't been through a lot of the stuff you guys have, but we've gone through the washing machine in our own way. Speedy marriage, surprise pregnancy, yadda yadda-- you know my rap But yeah, by the grace of Christ, we've managed to come out on top of it all with a strong, healthy, loving marriage. I am so, so thankful for that.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    YUP! I was never one to believe in soulmates, especially after my EX. Then DB appeared out of nowhere and took me by surprise. He is everything I could have wanted and more. I was so used to being ignored and not made a priority that I was so shocked when DB went to Germany (has been there for over two months now) and still calls every day. Not only does he call, we talk for hours, all day sometimes and he STILL doesn't want to get off the phone at the end of the day.

I thought that well I have been here before, it will wear off and he will start easing up on giving me attention, but it hasn't. If anything he has payed more attention to me. This is the first time I have been in a relationship where I can talk to him about anything. Everyone else I have dated I would have to walk on eggshells around, not him.

We agree an major and most minor things. Everything right now, even though he is away, is perfect.

I have had two of my EXs ask me to marry them and I have said no. I have known DB for not as long but I am sure he is the one.

But yes in answer to your question, I do have worries that will happen. It is normal when you have someone you really don't want to loose.
  9. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

This is my life!! DH is my second husband so I am still just, in shock with actually being happy.

It's wonderful and I'm happy for you
  10. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Its totally possible. MF and I are like that still, after almost 9 years. I still get giggly when I talk with him. Its just so easy with him- I dont have to overthink myself, or worry, I always think the best of him, and he of me. We always have a blast together, just like we did when we first met at 16. I still dont believe in soulmates, but I think there are some people in this world who you can click with so easily that its a beautiful thing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast