Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S/O The first 'I love you'

1. Regular Member

S/O The first 'I love you'

Advertisements
    When was the first time your SO used the "L" word? I want to hear your stories!!

DF first told me he loved me one day after we pulled up to his house for me to drop him off. I was SO pissed off at him for I don't even remember what and when I hugged him bye he told me he loved me. He said he realized that even when we're pissed off at one another, he doesn't feel a single bit differently toward me than when we're completely happy.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Haha mine isn't very romantic, he told me after a night out when we were both pretty drunk and trying to fall asleep in bed. He was all "I love you!" and then I told him he didn't mean it he was just drunk-talking and he got indignant. Looking back on everything though I think he did mean it but I guess that ship has sailed ...
  3. Senior Member

I took DH (DB at the time) to a Caps game and when I got up to get us drinks and a snack he texted it to me. He was trying to text it to be on the big screen, but it didn't work for some reason.
  4. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Uhmm, it was like a month into our relationship and we were both having a really tough time being apart from each other after being together for only like six very short days. On our one month celebration, he wrote me a love letter and told me he loved me. (He has a hard time vocalizing his thoughts and feelings, he's just very shy.) It was HUGE deal but I laughed at him anyways because I thought he was joking. Though it turned out he wasn't and I was like... damn. He kept telling me every day after that and I was all, "Just quit it already." but he was persistent and eventually I realized I loved him too. We're really dorky and awkward, but he's my favorite sweater and I wouldn't trade him for any other.
  5. Senior Member
    we had a lot of things that lead up to it.

before dh left for boot camp, he sent me a "i <3 you with my whole <3." text.
    during boot camp, we, both, ended our letters with "your's always,".
    after boot camp, when he was on the plane to mct, he, finally, broke down and said it.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Haha mine isn't very romantic, he told me after a night out when we were both pretty drunk and trying to fall asleep in bed. He was all "I love you!" and then I told him he didn't mean it he was just drunk-talking and he got indignant. Looking back on everything though I think he did mean it but I guess that ship has sailed ...
    My boyfriend was also drunk when he told me he loved me! I told him that if he really mean it, to tell me the next morning while sober. So, we woke up, he looked me in my eyes and said, "I'm sober, I'm coherent, I know what I'm saying ... I love you." I froze, and didn't know what to say because I thought it was too soon. It was awkward...

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
    -Khalil Gibran

"Depth over distance every time my dear;
    and this tree of ours may grow tall in the woods;
    but it's the roots that will bind us here,
    to the ground."
    -Ben Howard, Depth Over Distance
  7. Senior Member
    DH and I met on Eharmony when he was stationed in Germany, so we skyped until he came home. About two weeks after we skyped for the first time he told me he loved me on accident and I ignored him I know it was on accident cause he said and then said "oh shit... bye!" Then about a week later he said it again and I said "you don't mean it". I'm a peach. Then about 2 weeks later, the night before his flight back to Texas he said it again and I finally said it back!

8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    We met on Friday and we both said it that Sunday. Talk about fast. We both fell quick and hard. And soon after we were talking about marriage. Like, within days. At nearly five months later we're moving in together. Getting hitched next summer.
    Pax, Aeon
  9. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Mines not very romantic either... I told him i loved him in the middle of a texting fight about how things weren't going how I wanted them to but I didn't want to give up because I loved him. He didn't say it back. His was on the fourth of July in person like 3 days later after he spent the day being a major .... I said it back without an ounce of affection because I was really pissed off at him.

He said it again once we had sorta broken up when I went to college. It was random and that one was sweeter. Lol. He just said it out of no where and when I asked him where that came from he said even though we had broken up he still loved me. I said it back. We started going out again probably a week later.
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  10. Regular Member
    It was a long late night after a date downtown Ft. Lauderdale that concluded at a strip club. We were laying in bed, both intoxicated, him more than me (I'm a light weight and don't really enjoy being drunk, lol). I rolled over to my right side to try to knock out (we sleep back to back usually) and he grabbed my shoulder and rolled me over to face him. He placed his hands on my cheeks and said "I just have to get this off my chest." --What?-- "I love you, Athena." --*eyes wide* WHAT?!-- "I didn't scare you, did I?" --Um *swallows, voice squeaks* no?-- "Good." Then he pulled me to him and passed out. I remained awake for about an hour after that processing (and overthinking, haha).

The very next morning I confronted him about it. Asked if he remembered what he said the night before. "Of course. I love you, Athena. I meant it."

He continued to say it to me and I didn't reciprocate... I would just smile and kiss him. I finally said it back after three months of his relentless love. And it was glorious to finally admit to myself that I loved him, too. <3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast