Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Popping the Question

1. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

Popping the Question

Advertisements
    Asking a man to marry you.

I read in a discussion off the forum about a woman considering doing this. It seems to be growing in popularity. Is it something you considered? DF and I are unofficially engaged. He's going to make the formal proposal after I move there ... very, very soon. We already have the wedding date set and some of the wedding details dialed in. It's just making it official, though my parents already know.

We're doing something a little different, though. We'll be exchanging rings. He wants to pop the question first and then I can present him with his ring. Both have been picked out.

And, for those of you that knew it was coming and it was more planned, did you pick out your ring/setting?
    Pax, Aeon
  2. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Nope! Not for me I'm too shy in relationships to ask such a bold question anyways. I'm pretty bold, but not that bold.

Hurry up and get married because I wanna see pics!
  3. Senior Member
    I never though about it, and DH surprised me 1005 I dint pick but he did a great job at picking!!!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  4. Senior Member
    I would never propose. I'm traditional, and I find it weird (FOR ME, before anyone gets on my ass about it).

I didn't pick my ring, DH picked something completely and totally different from anything I showed him. I've just recently gotten to the point where I don't hate it.

5. Senior Member
    I knew he was going to propose. I didn't know how or when, but I guessed We picked my ring together. He was asking my friend for ring advice for a few months but he didn't trust himself to pick one, so he asked me if I would mind helping or if that would ruin it for me. I was thrilled because I was terrified he'd pick something ugly, which he would have.

I don't think I would want to propose though. I don't see a problem with it, but I'd rather be asked than ask myself.
  6. Senior Member
    His "proposal" was a surprise in that it was unexpected for both of us. He hadn't gotten a ring, so I did help pick out the setting (his mom's jeweler is custom making it, and I should get it soon--I can't wait!). I'm pretty sure he'll be proposing again when the ring arrives and he can do whatever it was he had planned.
  7. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I don't think I'm ballsy enough to ask such a huge question honestly. My exDF did take me to pick out a ring but when he proposed it was something completely different.
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't have proposed but we did pick out my engagement ring together. He wanted it to be something that we did as a couple because 1) It was an experience to go shopping together for it and 2) he wanted to make sure I got something that I loved because I'm the one that's wearing forever

9. Senior Member
    He's been dreaming about proposing since our first date almost 5 years ago. I wouldn't want to take that away from him. I sent him a few ring style I liked, and then I came across one (thanks to MSOS) that was very unique and PERFECT, so I had to show him. He agreed, and I hope he gets it when he decides to ask.
  10. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMrsG View Post
    I wouldn't have proposed but we did pick out my engagement ring together. He wanted it to be something that we did as a couple because 1) It was an experience to go shopping together for it and 2) he wanted to make sure I got something that I loved because I'm the one that's wearing forever
    Exactly!

I chose my setting. It will be in rose gold. He really likes it. I'm going through the same vendor that did my wedding ring upgrade.

Pax, Aeon
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast