Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mushy Stuff

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mushy Stuff

Advertisements
    Rarely, of ever, do I post in here or even anywhere on the forum about my husband but I have to share. He's underway right now for not too much longer and I just got this email from him:

Hello Elizabeth _lastname_

I like that you have my last name. I've been thinking about us for a while (since I have so much time on my hands I review things over in my head) Well I happened upon a memory the other day and a song was playing on the crew's mess speakers and I thought WOW, it is just like me and her when we first met... Song: This Magic Moment by The Drifters... I was thinking about our first KISS!! I was like hey, that's exactly what it was like. Listen to the lyrics, and think back to that night, when I turned around from the door and you were standing very (dangerously) close to me, and then I thought to myself "what the hell, just go for it, worst case: she slaps me across the face and kicks me out of her house." Fast forward four and a half years.... WOW. What a ride. I can't believe it's still really just the begining. I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with you, everytime I think about it, it seems to be so fleeting and going by so fast, can you beleive there's likely a chance we will spend sixty+ years togather still (insert your eye-roll here) but I know you're super excited too~!

Well I just wanted to send off that nice little memory for you to hold on to until I get back (not much longer now is it?) and to remind you that I love you. That first kiss was when I knew I loved you and every kiss since has just confirmed it to me! I can't wait to kiss you again!

-Mark _lastname_ (aka your knight in shining armor)

We are not super mushy gushy people and I'm not sure anything like this has come out of his mouth since our wedding. Super awesome to get an email like this, made my night!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Awwww

Every couple needs a little mushiness every now and then. That is too cute!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    That is the sweetest thing ever! Mushiness is what it's all about sometimes

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  4. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Awwww
    How do you even respond to something like that? Haha. It's super thoughtful. I love it!!!
    Dh and I are not super mushy either so I know the feeling of when it actually comes out
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by SamInCT View Post
    Awwww
    How do you even respond to something like that? Haha. It's super thoughtful. I love it!!!
    Dh and I are not super mushy either so I know the feeling of when it actually comes out
    I sent him back an email saying that I don't even really know how to respond but that he better get home soon I'm pretty certain the last time I heard something anywhere close to this was our wedding night when we couldn't do anything it talk since I got stung by a bee three times on my upper leg, lower butt
  6. Senior Member
    That's super sweet. This was such a sweet line, I thought: "I can't believe it's still really just the beginning."
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    AWWWWWW I love stuff like this!!! Thank you for sharing. It always feels so good, doesn't it?

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    I sent him back an email saying that I don't even really know how to respond but that he better get home soon I'm pretty certain the last time I heard something anywhere close to this was our wedding night when we couldn't do anything it talk since I got stung by a bee three times on my upper leg, lower butt
    that's probably how I would respond. Dh was sweet while he was at boot camp. Last year

That's awful about the bee stings but kind of funny
  9. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Aww Mark! I lurve him
  10. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    Awwww

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast