Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you be upset?

1. Senior Member

Would you be upset?

Advertisements
    I don't know if this is in the right place but here it goes:

I was playing a question game with DH, he's deployed, and I asked him "If you could be any age for the rest of your life what would it be and why?" The age he picked was one when we weren't together. And I was kinda upset. It hurt to think that if he could be any age for the rest of his life it would be one that didn't include me. I know it may sound kind of stupid to be upset about a hypothetical question but I'm having a hard time not being sad about it Maybe the deployment is getting to me too much or maybe I'm PMSing. So I'm just wondering would you be upset if your SO's picked an age that didn't include you?
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    No.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No I'm fairly certain if I asked my husband his age would be one before me. Because we both had some awesome years before we met eachother... Also, I don't really get how the question means he doesn't want you in his life, unless you are saying that he would relieve that one year of his life over and over and over. I was thinking more of a fountain of youth thing where you just physically do not age when I read the question.
  4. Proud Army Wife :)
    Proud Army Wife :)
    I asked a similar question to DH he would probably respond with an age that didn't include me. I take it as maybe that was a simpler time in life or there are things he misses about like the less stress. It doesn't mean he wouldn't want you there with him... it is just overall. I wish I was back in high school where my biggest worry was a basic test...I didn't know DH back then but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want him there.

In short... he may be picking an age with a way of life that he enjoyed more... not necessarily the people that were or were not there at that age.
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    No. College was awesome! So was being in high school. 6 was also pretty diesel.
  6. Senior Member
    I would not be upset at DH bc I would have picked an age that didnt include DH.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    No.
    Yeah I figured I was just being a baby

Quote Originally Posted by CandiLynn View Post
    No I'm fairly certain if I asked my husband his age would be one before me. Because we both had some awesome years before we met eachother... Also, I don't really get how the question means he doesn't want you in his life, unless you are saying that he would relieve that one year of his life over and over and over. I was thinking more of a fountain of youth thing where you just physically do not age when I read the question.
    I took it more as reliving that year over and over again. Maybe he meant it the way you said it

Quote Originally Posted by ka01523 View Post
    I asked a similar question to DH he would probably respond with an age that didn't include me. I take it as maybe that was a simpler time in life or there are things he misses about like the less stress. It doesn't mean he wouldn't want you there with him... it is just overall. I wish I was back in high school where my biggest worry was a basic test...I didn't know DH back then but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want him there.

In short... he may be picking an age with a way of life that he enjoyed more... not necessarily the people that were or were not there at that age.
    Yeah I get what you're saying. I guess the way I took it was that if it were me I'd pick my favorite year of life and relive that year over and over again. And my favorite year of life included him. But I understand the idea of a simpler time being the age you'd want to re-live
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    It's an age. Nothing to take personally.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Senior Member
    I don't understand why on earth you would be upset about that. Unless you've been together over half your lives, odds are he'd choose an age before you.
  10. Senior Member
    What was his reason for the age he picked? I wouldn't be mad or upset, but I'd want to know why he picked this age.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast