Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: His mama gunna knock me out

1. Senior Member

Sad His mama gunna knock me out

Advertisements
    I really don't know where to put this. Thought venting,hugs and rainbows, or seeking advice. So, i just picked here

I honestly don't know what i expected to hear. I guess i shouldn't ask questions if i'm not prepared to hear an answer

Me and DF have been together over a year, well officially under a year. Dating and talking over a year. Knowing each other its like 3years. We are in engaged (obviously) Not planned to get married till march 2014. DF is younger than me, he's 22 and i'm 28.

My mom is excited about the upcoming wedding. My mom asks about DF, asks about the wedding, and ya know is like a mom I tell DF about what she asks, relate any messages etc.

Well I asked DF if his mom is curious about our wedding or anything b/c He never relates anything like that to me. So, i thought maybe he just didn't. He responds, that his mom never even mentions me or asks about me. um ok. He then proceeds to call her and ask her

Her response is: "She's being neurtal in it. She doesn't understand why a 28 year old woman would wanna marry her 22 year old son."
    Then he tells me she said that "If we do get married she'll show up in a pretty dress"

DF tells me i should be the one talking to her and asking questions as to why she thinks this way. I've never talked to her but once on skype when DF did a surprise conference call. I don't feel me just calling her outta nowhere all like "hi, i'm johanna. I understand you don't want me to marry your son and i wanna know why?"

I just don't know what to do
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  2. Senior Member
    I'm sorry that must have been hard to hear. I think if it were me I wouldn't have the guts to talk to his mom. But I would kind of expect him to talk to her and clear the air and also talk about his feelings for you. I wish I had better advice that must be such a tough situation.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyrue6 View Post
    I'm sorry that must have been hard to hear. I think if it were me I wouldn't have the guts to talk to his mom. But I would kind of expect him to talk to her and clear the air and also talk about his feelings for you. I wish I had better advice that must be such a tough situation.
    I don't understand how he thinks me calling is going to better? Especially after hearing that
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  4. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Give it time. That is the best thing you can do right now...just brush off what she said, hold your head high, and time will tell all. I've been there.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  5. Senior Member
    I wouldn't call I feel it would make things awkward

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I agree with Addyrue6...I think it is his job to talk to his mom. No way I would be making that call. If his mother has a problem with the relationship, he should be the one trying to resolve her problems. I am sorry that you're going through that I would be hurt also if my DB's mom said she didn't like me/ agree with our relationship.
  7. Senior Member
    Um no, that's his job to talk to his mom. If you've hardly spoken to her before it'll be weird for you to call her about that, and it sounds like her own issue anyway so I wouldn't bother.
  8. Senior Member
    I agree, i don't feel i should call her especially right now.

DF said that he told her that no matter her opinion he's still gunna marry me. I told DF that I'm not going to call his mom, especially now.
    He then responds with a response from his mother "why is she (meaning me) worried bout how she (his mom) feels, i would call her if her (his mom)" I guess the both think i should have been the one call to her

I should mention he texting me while he's talking to her.

907Kim is my wifey
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Um no, that's his job to talk to his mom. If you've hardly spoken to her before it'll be weird for you to call her about that, and it sounds like her own issue anyway so I wouldn't bother.

I don't really understand the pretty dress comment though... Isn't she supposed to show up in a pretty dress or outfit to a wedding? Or did she mean a white dress?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post

I don't really understand the pretty dress comment though... Isn't she supposed to show up in a pretty dress or outfit to a wedding? Or did she mean a white dress?
    I believe she just meant, she would show up. She would try to look presentable and play nice. Even though she doesn't agree with us...or me.

907Kim is my wifey
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast