Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've learned some things...

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

I've learned some things...

Advertisements
    I must say although my man is 1000 miles away he can still make me smile. He told me that while in boot camp, other guys didn't hear from their girlfriends very much via letters leaving some of them to wonder what they're up to. And that by sending him a letter every day it eased his mind so he could focus on studying. It was so good to hear that. Going into it he was a little worried about me finding another guy, considering I'll be lonely and whatnot. I've learned you really have to put yourself in a certain frame of mind to be able to handle a circumstance such as this. You have to be secure & trusting in your relationship. You can't be miserable and let it consume you, or let it take over your life. He's got a lot on his plate so the last thing he needs is to worry about how I'm holding up. I'm really glad we're both confident in our relationship, it makes living a lot less worrisome. It's best to live life and be happy, no matter where he is he's still mine. You have to put your mind elsewhere and just take it day by day. I always remind myself that I have an amazing man who loves me and wants a future with me. I think about all of the great qualities in him and the great memories we've made. We've just got to get through these next couple years and we'll get started on making new memories & a life together. He says his life is on hold, so I told him I understand & I'd be here waiting for it to continue. It's reassuring to know he still wants to be with me through all of this. A lot of guys would surely take this opportunity to get to know a lot of women and have some fun while having a career around the world. I'm a really lucky girl to have found a truly faithful, respectable guy. This is what we needed, I've fallen madly in love with him all over again. I can't say it enough, I'm so very happy to be his woman.
    Last edited by ChristinaLynne; 04-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    http://tinypic.com/r/33w5kyg/6
  2. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Should of posted in the blogs section, they hardly ever get a response too Where can a girl get responses around here?
  3. Senior Member
    Usually, you get more of a response if you have a question or request. Otherwise, there's not much to stimulate conversation.

And the blog area is not very popular, so it's no surprise you don't get much response there.

Also, the eyeroll comes off as having a bit of an attitude, which isn't likely to make people respond more. Just FYI!
    Last edited by villanelle; 04-08-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Regular Member
    I think that is awesome for you guys! I write DB every day as well and he says the same things. He gets the most mail in his platoon and I plan on keeping it that way!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaLynne View Post
    I must say although my man is 1000 miles away he can still make me smile. He told me that while in boot camp, other guys didn't hear from their girlfriends very much via letters leaving some of them to wonder what they're up to. And that by sending him a letter every day it eased his mind so he could focus on studying. It was so good to hear that. Going into it he was a little worried about me finding another guy, considering I'll be lonely and whatnot. I've learned you really have to put yourself in a certain frame of mind to be able to handle a circumstance such as this. You have to be secure & trusting in your relationship. You can't be miserable and let it consume you, or let it take over your life. He's got a lot on his plate so the last thing he needs is to worry about how I'm holding up. I'm really glad we're both confident in our relationship, it makes living a lot less worrisome. It's best to live life and be happy, no matter where he is he's still mine. You have to put your mind elsewhere and just take it day by day. I always remind myself that I have an amazing man who loves me and wants a future with me. I think about all of the great qualities in him and the great memories we've made. We've just got to get through these next couple years and we'll get started on making new memories & a life together. He says his life is on hold, so I told him I understand & I'd be here waiting for it to continue. It's reassuring to know he still wants to be with me through all of this. A lot of guys would surely take this opportunity to get to know a lot of women and have some fun while having a career around the world. I'm a really lucky girl to have found a truly faithful, respectable guy. This is what we needed, I've fallen madly in love with him all over again. I can't say it enough, I'm so very happy to be his woman.
    Should of posted in the blogs section, they hardly ever get a response too Where can a girl get responses around here?
    What kind of responses exactly are you fishing for?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Usually, you get more of a response if you have a question or request. Otherwise, there's not much to stimulate conversation.

And the blog area is not very popular, so it's no surprise you don't get much response there.

Also, the eyeroll comes off as a but of an attitude, which isn't likely to make people respond more. Just FYI!
    - especially with the bolded. In fact, I read the post the first time and that was enough to prompt me to navigate away without leaving a response. Especially given that you made a similar statement not too long ago, it gets old.

Something to consider/remember about forums such as this, OP, is that in large part you get what you give. You are fairly new and have not really accumlated much of a posting history here. If you want active responses to the things you post, give responses to others. Be a presence on the boards in general and you will see a larger presence in the posts/threads that you start. It can be hard to work your way in, but good things take effort
  7. Senior Member
    Well the eyeroll is always irritating but it got you your responses so, well played
  8. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Fishing for people who could relate to how I feel. Thaaaaanks
  9. Senior Member
    I read what you first wrote and it made me smile, but I had nothing to say since there were no questions. I like what you wrote tho.
  10. Senior Member
    Fishing for people who could relate to how I feel. Thaaaaanks

See, it's the worst smiley of them all. Also, thanks with multiple A's always comes across catty.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast