Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Honeymoon Phase-- a question or several...

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Smile The Honeymoon Phase-- a question or several...

Advertisements
    Does the honeymoon phase have to end?

Subquestions: Since the honeymoon phase could be different for everyone...

1) how do you define the honeymoon phase
    2) Does it have to end?
    3) If yes... how long did it last?
    4) If no, how long has it lasted AND what do you do to keep it going?

I'm going to be super unfair b/c I actually have to run out the door to a personal training appointment, but I'll answer when I get back!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I feel like DH & I have gone through about 3 honeymoon phases so far. There is definitely a cycle. I'm not sure if it was due to being LDR or just the way our relationship works. We're on a down-cycle right now, I can tell because we've been more annoyed with each other and sex happens way less often. We haven't specifically tried anything to keep it, but I feel like we will probably have an upswing sooner or later.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    This made me think of diabetes.

I Eelizah
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I feel like DH & I have gone through about 3 honeymoon phases so far. There is definitely a cycle. I'm not sure if it was due to being LDR or just the way our relationship works. We're on a down-cycle right now, I can tell because we've been more annoyed with each other and sex happens way less often. We haven't specifically tried anything to keep it, but I feel like we will probably have an upswing sooner or later.
    This exactly! We were on this awesome honeymoon phase before he left for the MRE and then he came back and we're fighting all the time and not having sex as much :/ When we're in it, we think about each other and put the other person and their feelings first, we're sweet all the time and have a lot more patience.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    this.

I think the honeymoon phase comes and goes. When DH comes home from this deployment, we'll, definitely, have one for awhile. Sometimes, life gets in the way, and we struggle a bit, but it manages to come back.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  6. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I agree that it comes and goes in cycles, but I do think there is a huge, first honeymoon phase and I think, on average, it lasts around 6 months, give or take 3. I think honeymoon periods come and go and cycle throughout the relationship, but I feel they are more 'loving' periods vs the true honeymoon period. I think yes, it has to end simply because eventually you become more emotionally invested in a relationship, and that means allowing your partner to see and explore the good AND the bad and the real ugly, and once they see the bad and ugly sides that every human has, it doesnt necessarily mean they love you less or anything, but they dont think you are the zomg the most perfect butterfly unicorn that every was and iz perfectttt- they see who you are- a whole, human. And thats great! I wouldnt want the honeymoon phase to last forever, because then MF would only be sharing half of who he is with me.

To keep loving periods coming, I just make an effort. I send MF little surprise notes. I do fun things- like todays boudoir photo shoot. I remember to laugh and giggle and be silly with him.
  7. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I believe it's cyclical. It doesn't have to end. If the relationship is nurtured it doesn't have to be a "phase."
    Pax, Aeon
  8. Senior Member
    My husband and I were in the honeymoon stage for months after we got together. Then the "butterflies" wore off some. When DF at the time left for CA for four months of training we had that feeling back everytime we saw each other and it lasted through first few weeks home from deployment. Then sh*t hit the fan lol
    Mommy since 2009
  9. Senior Member
    I would say it very lovey and lots of and being sweet on each other, I think it lasted for about 5 months then we fought a bunch and then had a were lovely again for awhile then fought off and on for the first yr and now we are kinda coasting we don't fight but we are not overly lovey dovey.

I feel like we get really lovey after a big like the bigger the fight the more lovey he is after lol

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I agree with the cyclical thing for sure. And for us, I don't think we had this grand honeymoon phase right after the wedding because nothing changed We already lived together and we went right back home and right back to work. I mean, we were/are happy, but it wasn't this big deal thing like when we first moved in together. Sure, we grin at each other like fools and still have these moments of HOLY COW WE'RE ACTUALLY MARRIED and it was pretty cool when my mail started arriving with my married name on it, but his laundry was still on the floor and he still saw me in my favorite ugly pajamas and we have all those not-so-glamorous things too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast