Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did I do that?

1. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Why did I do that?

Advertisements
    So I've been talking to this guy on and off since we met the end of december...more off than on.

He got really distant when his deployment was cancelled. Well about two weeks ago he started texting me again every day (while he was on leave visiting his daughters) and since he's been back he says he really wants to see me. Everytime one of us is busy though. Well he said the other night he had a birthday party to go to but he was going to call me afterwards and if it wasn't too late he would come over. Of course he never called (I've learned not to actually expect for him to call/text when he says he will) but then I haven't heard from him since either. I texted him yesterday saying Happy Easter...still haven't heard from him.

I am tired of it. So last night I decided to sign back up on POF. 12 hours later I regret that choice. (and some of that time I was asleep ) So many desperate guys who don't bother reading my profile message me nonstop. Read my profile!!! You will know that I'm not interested in booty calls!!

I'm just tired of being alone and want a good man to share my life with. why is that so hard?

anyone have handsome and grown brothers/brother-in-laws they can send my way?

2. Free!
    Free!
    I know the feeling. I vacillate between wanting a guy and just saying "screw it, they aren't worth the trouble" .

I second the last sentence though.
  3. Senior Member
    While I know POF works because one of my best friends met her husband on there, maybe try one of the pay sites. I think you'll be more apt to find guys who are serious since they had to pay instead of just the free site. That's just my opinion. And I am biased to match.com since I met my husband on that site.
  4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I remember that feeling well...it sucks to feel like you're ready to settle down and to not be in a place where you can settle down. But it'll come out of nowhere when it's meant to happen. Hang in there.

5. Senior Member
    Your last two sentences are the story of my life. Hang in there, there MUST be some good ones left for us somewhere!!
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.
    Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.
    You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
    And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- Marilyn Monroe
  6. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyA1012 View Post
    While I know POF works because one of my best friends met her husband on there, maybe try one of the pay sites. I think you'll be more apt to find guys who are serious since they had to pay instead of just the free site. That's just my opinion. And I am biased to match.com since I met my husband on that site.
    I'm neuteral about online dating. Met my douche of an exH on POF before... met the iffy guy I've been talking to on Match. I decided not to pay for another dating site again.... it's the same mess on there too.

Ready to throw in the towel and start becoming the crazy old cat lady. Start buying stock in cat litter ladies, I'm going to make ya'll a killing.

7. Senior Member
    POF is really a site people seem to use just to get laid. its supposed to be legit but every encounter ive had with it (through friends, reading on here, etc) have been skeezy guys trying to get some . id try eharmony or match on one of their free trial weekends and see if you like the feel of those before you pay for them , and those seem to be more legit with people who are honestly looking for a meaningful relationship
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Eharmony :-P and stop talking to that dbag... You're too good for him!
  9. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Eharmony :-P and stop talking to that dbag... You're too good for him!
    I know....but he's so sexy. damn hormones.

j/k .... kind of. but yeah, I give up on him. He talks the talk but never acts on it. over it.

10. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

POF (in my experience) is all about and booty calls.

Eharmony, since you have to pay for it is people who are more serious about looking for a real relationship since they put the time/effort/money into it. (Granted, I still had to wade through a few stupid guys before I found DF) Eharmony was SO MUCH more real/serious than POF. Just my two cents, if you're seriously looking, make the leap and pay for it (if you can swing it financially). It will work out in your best interest, ultimately.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast