Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online dating things that make you go hmmmm

1. Banned
    Banned

Online dating things that make you go hmmmm

Advertisements
    Sooooo I finally broke down and made an account on okc! And wth..I wonder why guys have a picture of their naked chest up and that's the ONLY pic! Like, "oh yeah baby nice chest! I wanna date the shit out of you" ooooor....his pic is of him and a chick! What's that all about?? "Look I HAVE had dates and to prove it I will throw a pic up of me with a girl on my lap"

This will be interesting.

In other news, I am going on a date tomorrow that was set up by a mutual friend. We are hiking up to potato chip rock! Not sure if you can call that a "date" but anyway...Bad news is....he is a marine! I told myself never another military guy....but we will see.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    Sooooo I finally broke down and made an account on okc! And wth..I wonder why guys have a picture of their naked chest up and that's the ONLY pic! Like, "oh yeah baby nice chest! I wanna date the shit out of you" ooooor....his pic is of him and a chick! What's that all about?? "Look I HAVE had dates and to prove it I will throw a pic up of me with a girl on my lap"

This will be interesting.

In other news, I am going on a date tomorrow that was set up by a mutual friend. We are hiking up to potato chip rock! Not sure if you can call that a "date" but anyway...Bad news is....he is a marine! I told myself never another military guy....but we will see.
    I always wonder what their faces look like if they refuse to show it.

I hope you enjoy yourself. he's a decent and caring fellow.
  3. Senior Member

Haha if it makes you feel any better, after I swore I'd never ever ever date a Marine again, I ended up marrying one. I didn't realize Chris was a Marine when I met him and when I found out I basically ran screaming. He came chasing after though, and it's been pretty much happily ever after
  4. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Have fun! And remember, just because he's a Marine doesn't make him automatically a jerk... the same way being a Marine doesn't automatically make him a superhero or awesome.

Personally, I would play it a little "cool" so he doesn't get the vibe that you're just "another" Jacksonville girl (you know what I'm talking about-- as bad as that sounds-- I've heard my husband and my brother and their friends talk...)

www.SnarkyFit.com
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Awwww yay! That sounds exciting! I hope you have a good time!!

I actually met DB on OkCupid. They definitely have some interesting characters on there.... just gotta weed them out to find the gems. Good luck!!
  6. Senior Member
    I never could take those guys seriously! I do not get having a girl in your pic. It may be your sister or good friend, but I don't know you and I don't want to date a player!

I hope you have a great time!! And that he's a winner
  7. Senior Member
    I got a message on ok cupid today from a girl her message 'hunnie, you need to put more pics up so I can tell if I want to try to turn you'

To each their own, but I put interested in 'men' for a reason.

I agree with the others though - have a ton of fun on the set up! And there are some decent ones online, you just have to look for them!
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.
    Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.
    You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
    And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- Marilyn Monroe
  8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I had one of those and it turned out that the guy was using a friend's pic, needless to say "sorry not interested" Have fun on your set up!!
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKKate View Post
    I got a message on ok cupid today from a girl her message 'hunnie, you need to put more pics up so I can tell if I want to try to turn you'

To each their own, but I put interested in 'men' for a reason.

I agree with the others though - have a ton of fun on the set up! And there are some decent ones online, you just have to look for them!
    that's amazing!!!

I had some interesting online dating experiences back in the day...one guy showed up on our first date with crocks on that had a hole in the bottom. He then proceeded to tell me how he was a dominant and wanted me to be his sub then he grabbed my head and tried to TAKE a kiss! He got punched in the jaw and I never heard from him again!

I hope your date goes well!

10. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Don't ya just love shirtless pictures.

I met DF on OKC. It was a great success for me. I hope your date goes well!
    Pax, Aeon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast