Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you....

1. Almost done with college! !
    Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries

How did you....

Advertisements
    So DB and I are talking marriage and rings and I'm just in a wonderful mood today. So I wanted not only hear the stories of your engagements but also see your rings! So lets hear the stories and see the pictures ladies!
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    DH proposed at home in our kitchen, we'd been fighting that day and he got home REALLY late from work so I was still a little pissy. I was sitting on the couch watching TV when he came in, he was in a terrific mood which just made mine worse He said he was going to make a pizza and he walked in the kitchen and started the oven pre-heating. I heard him put the pizza in a few min later and he said, "April come here I want you to see this." I asked "what?" and he said, "Just come here!" I said, "Adam if I come in there and your penis is out I'm gonna punch you" (because that's a stupid guy thing he'd do to make me laugh) I walked in the kitchen and he was leaning against the cabinet, he pointed at the oven and said look, I looked and there was nothing. I punched him in the shoulder and started to walk back into the living room, he grabbed my arm and turned me around and when I turned around he was on one knee. He proposed right there. I started boohooing and hugged him and told him how much I loved him, he then asked, "So does that mean yes?" I said, "Yes, can I have my ring now?"

It's not some big romantic gesture or huge planned out proposal but it was perfect the way he did it and the things he said during.
    E-ring

Custom wedding set (Got married 10/20/12)

3. Regular Member
    I unfortunately do not have my ring right now as we special ordered a new one a couple of weeks ago and it has yet to come in! But we were getting in the car to go get frozen yogurt one afternoon and he asks very nonchalantly "Girl, will you marry me?" It caught me completely off-guard so I said "What?" and so he asked again "Will you marry me?" and he pulled out a ring
  4. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    My Christmas gift was a bunch of boxes wrapped inside one another so I just kept opening and opening for what seemed like forever. FINALLY I got to a ring box which I opened and was empty, but when I looked up he was down on one knee with the ring! There's a YouTube video of it; we both are in sweats (he didn't even have a shirt on!) because we'd just spent the day walking around Japan in the rain, but it honestly couldn't have been more perfect and more 'us', and I watch it and still tear up Kyle & Kindra Proposal - YouTube

Those are both our rings - his just came in the mail last week so I'm pretty excited.

5. Senior Member
    DH proposed to me in a pretty generic way, lol. I knew it was coming, he knew I knew it was coming. He took me out on a re-do of our first date, which was sweet in theory. Unfortunately our first date was to a bowling alley in the 'hood which isn't a very romantic place. Then it was raining outside so he waited until I climbed up into our pick-up truck (think RAM 2500 Power Wagon all Jacked Up with a headache rack) and he just stood next to my door, took out the ring, and gave me the tried and true "Will you make me the happiest man in the world?" speech. It wasn't over the top or crazy romantic, but it was us and it means as much to me as a hot air balloon ride over Paris.

The Engagement Ring:

The Wedding Set (we got married Feb 26 JOP but I don't where the wedding band yet, not until our formal wedding in April)

Edit: Please ignore my chipped nail polish, I'm so lazy lol
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kprime View Post
    My Christmas gift was a bunch of boxes wrapped inside one another so I just kept opening and opening for what seemed like forever. FINALLY I got to a ring box which I opened and was empty, but when I looked up he was down on one knee with the ring! There's a YouTube video of it; we both are in sweats (he didn't even have a shirt on!) because we'd just spent the day walking around Japan in the rain, but it honestly couldn't have been more perfect and more 'us', and I watch it and still tear up Kyle & Kindra Proposal - YouTube

Those are both our rings - his just came in the mail last week so I'm pretty excited.
    Such a cute video! That's something really awesome to have!

7. Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    I laughed so hard at the penis thing. Its exactly like my DB. Youre story is so cool! Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMrsG View Post
    DH proposed at home in our kitchen, we'd been fighting that day and he got home REALLY late from work so I was still a little pissy. I was sitting on the couch watching TV when he came in, he was in a terrific mood which just made mine worse He said he was going to make a pizza and he walked in the kitchen and started the oven pre-heating. I heard him put the pizza in a few min later and he said, "April come here I want you to see this." I asked "what?" and he said, "Just come here!" I said, "Adam if I come in there and your penis is out I'm gonna punch you" (because that's a stupid guy thing he'd do to make me laugh) I walked in the kitchen and he was leaning against the cabinet, he pointed at the oven and said look, I looked and there was nothing. I punched him in the shoulder and started to walk back into the living room, he grabbed my arm and turned me around and when I turned around he was on one knee. He proposed right there. I started boohooing and hugged him and told him how much I loved him, he then asked, "So does that mean yes?" I said, "Yes, can I have my ring now?"

It's not some big romantic gesture or huge planned out proposal but it was perfect the way he did it and the things he said during.
    E-ring

Custom wedding set (Got married 10/20/12)
  8. Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    So much shiny! I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiduwop View Post
    DH proposed to me in a pretty generic way, lol. I knew it wascomingg he knew I knew it was coming. He took me out on a re-do of our first date, which was sweet in theory. Unfortunately our first date was to a bowling alley in the 'hood which isn't a very romantic place. Then it was raining outside so he waited until I climbed up into our pick-up truck (think RAM 2500 Power Wagon all Jacked Up with a headache rack) and he just stood next to my door, took out the ring, and gave me the tried and true "Will you make me the happiest man in the world?" speech. It wasn't over the top or crazy romantic, but it was us and it means as much to me as a hot air balloon ride over Paris.

The Engagement Ring:

The Wedding Set (we got married Feb 26 JOP but I don't where the wedding band yet, not until our formal wedding in April)

Edit: Please ignore my chipped nail polish, I'm so lazy lol
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
    I laughed so hard at the penis thing. Its exactly like my DB. Youre story is so cool! Love it!
    DH is crazy...

10. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Love hearing stories! R and I are unofficially engaged. He's planning to pop the question between May and Sept. Already started looking at rings. He has one in mind. I guess it's between OEC (Old European Cut) and H&A. Love both, but am a sucker for vintage cut stones.
    Pax, Aeon
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast