Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Doing Great :)

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cloud 9 Doing Great :)

Advertisements
    So since I have been away my friends decided to set me up on a blind date. And shockingly (I have a certain apprehension against going on a blind date) it went very well . We met at a local restaurant and I learned he was in the military (Air Force). I was a bit wary of dating another military man because of what happened last time, but this guy changed my mind he is SO sweet and we are crazily compatible. That date ended up lasting for a few hours and followed by an equally long second date the next day. It was insane I have never fallen for someone so fast and a few dates later he wanted to become exclusive. I thought I would never have "that" kind of relationship that makes me this happy.

Turns out he was only back in the area for leave before being deployed to Germany. We spent every second together before he left (we hardly got any sleep, just talked all night). I met his parents and grandparents, along with a good bit of the rest his family (that I'm told love me ). I took him to meet my parents before he left and they (especially my sister who never likes who I date) LOVED him.

The other day me and his grandpa took him to the airport. The flight attendant let him wait to get on the plant till the last possible minute. I stayed to watch the plane take off and I tried and failed at not crying. He texted me later and said he got mover to first class .

We talked before he left and he said that he wanted to take me with him to Germany. He asked me if I would be totally against marrying him after am done with college and coming with him. That will be in about a year and a half. I was pretty apprehensive about it being so fast, but I feel like we have gotten close enough and know enough about each other for it to work out. But then again it will also be over a year before anything will happen so we have plenty of time to talk and think. I told my sister about our plan and she is 100% behind it. I thought she would be concerned about it but she loves him and think we are perfect for each other <3.

So now I am waiting for him to come back on leave around Christmas time. We are just going to have to Skype and Facebook until then (he tried to buy me a smart phone that has an app that will let us text internationally and Skype anywhere but I wouldn't let him). Gonna send me pics of Germany and his Grandparents said I could come over anytime I wanted (they are the nearest to me).
  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    As someone who broke all her own "rules" and "common sense" and ended up in the best relationship of her life because of it, I'd say... keep growing and learning about each other until Christmas. If everything is still great, then I would say go for it when you graduate.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    As someone who broke all her own "rules" and "common sense" and ended up in the best relationship of her life because of it, I'd say... keep growing and learning about each other until Christmas. If everything is still great, then I would say go for it when you graduate.
    Thanks that is the plan. I usually never do this and kind of went against my own better judgement about it. But so far I am very happy and will give things a lot of thought and talking over before going into anything. I am a worry wart and won't do anything too terribly rash .