Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When to get married?

1. Regular Member

When to get married?

Advertisements
    Hello, my fiance is currently in BCT and we are trying to figure out when the best time to get married would be so that I can be placed on his first orders? Before AIT? During AIT? After?
  2. Senior Member
    I would do before because after he will already have his orders so they'll have to be changed to add you and during will be hard to find a time where he's not busy with work.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahfarr View Post
    Hello, my fiance is currently in BCT and we are trying to figure out when the best time to get married would be so that I can be placed on his first orders? Before AIT? During AIT? After?
    You should get married when your ready. If its a matter of pushing up a wedding a short amount of time, go for it. But if your rushing because you want to move in together, its generally a bad idea.

As for the information your looking for. You need to be married BEFORE he gets his orders to his first duty station if you want the military to pay to move you. If your ready, before boot is generally the easiest because there is less changes of paperwork and less hassle.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    You should get married when your ready. If its a matter of pushing up a wedding a short amount of time, go for it. But if your rushing because you want to move in together, its generally a bad idea.

As for the information your looking for. You need to be married BEFORE he gets his orders to his first duty station if you want the military to pay to move you. If your ready, before boot is generally the easiest because there is less changes of paperwork and less hassle.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Senior Member

don't let the military dictate your life and marriage. Get married when you are ready and then you can figure out the orders and stuff.
  6. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Yup this.
  7. Senior Member
    How long is his AIT? My DB is at his for about a year and half so during leave is an option for us.
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by photographerkate View Post
    How long is his AIT? My DB is at his for about a year and half so during leave is an option for us.

His AIT is only 17 weeks, so not an option, unfortunately. But I plan to go visit a couple of weekends so would it be possible then?
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    My answer would depend on the reason for why you want to rush it...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    Blog Entries
    You should really get married when both of you are ready. It doesn't need to be rushed just because he is going to be away for a little while.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast