Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you just know?

1. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

Did you just know?

Advertisements
    When you met your SO? Did you have a sense of knowing right away or did it come later? Did he/she have to grow on you overtime?

With R, it was pretty much instant. He was future projecting about three messages into conversation (online). He was talking about doing things with our kids and everything. It all felt very familiar from the very beginning. He was very unexpected for me as I wasn't looking to date anyone long distance. I was simply browsing profiles in my hometown because I was planning to move next fall. I came across his profile and rated him five stars. Then several or more hours later I received a funny, sweet and excited message from him.

My profile said I was looking for pen pals or friends. He made it known he wanted more. So, the "plan" was for me and the kids to move out in the fall, but that plan is no longer in place as we will be moving in together in May. We're both ecstatic.
    Pax, Aeon
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I told my best friend that I would marry him after our first date. I grew on him though. He hated my guts.

3. Senior Member
    Me and DH hated eachother at first

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  4. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    We knew the second we met. Our friends joked the night after we met that we were going to get married before any of them...they were right (and won't let us forget it). I always thought that 'when you know you know' thing was stupid, but now I totally get it

5. Senior Member
    I thought his head was too small. And I was pretty into another guy at the time. But I would say I felt that "familiarity" and complete comfort by our 2nd date. And I knew he was the one after 2 1/2 months.
  6. Senior Member
    he grew on me. but once i started to take him seriously and look at him as more than just a friend, i knew within a week that i was going to marry him
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

7. Senior Member
    i didnt think anything would happen when i first met him. even when we started talking i didnt think "holy crap he is it!" it just happened with time
  8. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    With DB I knew right away... we havent been together the whole time we have known each other but theres always been something there. We are truly best friends and I felt that right away. He is one of the very few people in my life I trust completely and who has been here for me no matter what. Even when we have been seeing other people in the past he was always my best friend. And anyone I dated had to accept that he was going to be there.

DB and I are planning on moving in together too!! Im going to be moving 2,690 miles to be with him. I cant wait! I just know it is right and that we are right for each other. A lot of my friends keep asking me what happens if it doesnt work out and blah blah blah. I dont want to think about it not working out. We both talk about forever and thats what I feel it will be. But... if something does happen, I will still be living close to my best friend and we will always be close. (I cant say we are going to be BF/GF and then get married... who knows what life has in store but i am 10000000% sure we will always be close and he will always be my best friend. We even talked about it a couple of times. if we end up with other people, he is going to be in my wedding party! He says he will either be groom or maid of honor HAHAHA)

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  9. Senior Member
    I knew I was in trouble as soon as I laid eyes on him, lol.
  10. Senior Member
    I usually make a choice around the third date whether I want to pursue a relationship with someone. I knew I wanted to have a relationship with DH, but I wanted to stay cautious. So it was more like he grew on me.

He knew right away though. He asked me drunkily to marry him during our third date. I told him the next day that he told me he loved me and asked me to be his girlfriend and then when i said no, he asked me to marry him. Then he took back his proposal! If we talk about the past now, he will always say he was looking for a one night stand and when I didn't put out after the first night, I hooked him for the rest of his life.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast