Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Date Nerves...

1. Senior Member

First Date Nerves...

Advertisements
    So brief background - I ended things with the army man I was seeing towards the end of July as I felt I needed more than he was able to give me. I struggled a bit with wondering if it was the right decision, but I am in a much better place now and feeling so much more happy and confident (my friends have commented on this as well) that I think ultimately, as much as I cared about him, it was.

I've not really dated since the split, had a bit of a flirtation with a coworker that came to nothing in the autumn, but that was it

So anyway, I met a guy online a few weeks ago and we have a lot in common...we emailed a few times and then he called me and we spoke on the phone for almost 2 hours the first time we talked, and then again for an hour yesterday. We get on so well on the phone and have loads to talk about

Anyway....today we are meeting in person and I am now really nervous. I'm so afraid I am going to say something stupid, or be a disappointment to him, or that we simply won't get along in person. I know logically this is just me overthinking, but still was wondering if anyone had any advice for how to calm my nerves?
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.
    Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.
    You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
    And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- Marilyn Monroe
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

just have fun and be yourself!! if he doesnt like you for you you dont want to be with him anyway!!

good luck and have fun! let us know how it goes
  3. Senior Member
    Hey,im sure your date is as much nervous you are Just talk about light things on a date .Good luck and keep us posted .

"And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever."~ John Tyree
  4. Senior Member
    i was nervous when i first met now DF. He and i met online like 3yrs ago! As soon as we met and hugged, We just acted like ourselves and realized there was nothing to be nervous about!

Just be yourself and everything will go great! He's either gunna accept you for you or he's not, and if thats the case means he's not the one! Thats how i view things anyways
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies! I'm just home...we had drinks and then dinner, and we get on just as well in person as on the phone! we've already arranged to go out again on Thursday, and I even got a good-bye kiss I guess I'd have to say it went well...so guess we see what happens from here!
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.
    Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.
    You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
    And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- Marilyn Monroe
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UKKate View Post
    Thanks ladies! I'm just home...we had drinks and then dinner, and we get on just as well in person as on the phone! we've already arranged to go out again on Thursday, and I even got a good-bye kiss I guess I'd have to say it went well...so guess we see what happens from here!
    glad it went well!!
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey