Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Otters... and DH being a mush

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Otters... and DH being a mush

Advertisements
    Key point: DH's nickname for me is "Otter" (I can't even begin to explain, so just go with it)

Back story:
    So yesterday I essentially had a meltdown and told DH just how far down the rabbit hole I felt I was falling with respect to the move, being here in a college town--while not in college, not having a job (practicum finally starting in March) and how much I hate being a SAHW. I cried my eyes out. It was graceless, and probably on some level completely necessary.

Today he posts this image to my facebook wall with a comment that says, "I'll always be there to hold your hand."

And now I'm sobbing because... I... well, I don't know. I'm just happy, and a mess, and... Wow. I can't believe this is my life (in a good way). I feel so inadequate, and yet blessed... Idk. I just needed to get that out. I don't think I've ever sobbed quite so much over something on fb! LOL
    Last edited by sweetvanity; 02-20-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: orig title was too drama llama for me.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Senior Member
    Sounds like a very loving guy you have there! Very sweet!
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

so sweet! Glad it made you feel better. Sometimes we have to cry like a fool first.
  4. Senior Member
    Awww that's so sweet! I'd have cried too!
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.
    Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.
    You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
    And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- Marilyn Monroe
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Thanks guys. Things have been seriously up in the air since about mid-December. It's been a hellish 2-months for all parties involved. I feel bad b/c DH seemed like he really wanted me to go up to Quantico with him for TBS after he graduates, and right now, I don't think I could do it. Granted, that's like 3 years away, and it would only be for 6 months, but I swear I'm just not made to do the whole SAHW thing. (And 6 months is not enough time to make it worth it to transfer my license). It's only been a month since we moved in and I already feel like a caged animal. That will be ending soon, but UGH!

Meanwhile I watch some of my friends who absolutely LOVE being SAHW's. I mean, they cook and clean and their homes are beautiful... I wish I could be like that.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

That's very sweet. I had a very hard time when I started being a SAHW. I still dont think I'd ever want to do it forever, but after a couple months I created a structure for myself and started to really enjoy it. I wouldn't worry too much about it, 3 years is a long time away!

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  7. Senior Member
    Not going to lie, that made me tear up. Sometimes they are just so sweet to us. What a good guy!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Aww! It made me cry too. Yay hormones! What a sweetheart
  9. Senior Member
    Can I just say, in a totally non creepy way, how much I love your DH? What a good man!

I think we are on the same meltdown cycles. I had one last night too. glad you're feeling better today, and I'm glad he's so sweet to you!
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    Can I just say, in a totally non creepy way, how much I love your DH? What a good man!

I think we are on the same meltdown cycles. I had one last night too. glad you're feeling better today, and I'm glad he's so sweet to you!
    We need to talk more. I wish we could go for a coffee girl-date. I so need one.

Quote Originally Posted by christyxlynn View Post
    Aww! It made me cry too. Yay hormones! What a sweetheart
    Yeah... that too.

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast