Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing? Who's up to share some stories?

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Reminiscing? Who's up to share some stories?

Advertisements
    I don't know if this is the right forum or not, so if it isnt, mods please feel free to move it.

I'm starting to go through my stuff and get rid of what I don't need to bring to Hawaii. I found a ticket stub from one of the first movies DH & I saw together way back when, as well as my glasses that were broken during one of our first or second make out sessions. I text DH about it and I guess he is in a grumpy mood because he didn't want to reminisce along with me. I blame the flight to Hawaii and spending the night before in LAX.

So since DH doesn't wanna reminisce with me, I'll reminisce with you wonderful ladies!

DH & I had our first date in July back in 2006. It was a Saturday night. We really didn't do anything special, we went to a diner for dinner and we walked all around Hoboken and on Sinatra drive. For those of you not familiar with Hoboken, Sinatra drive is road that runs along the Hudson River and then leads to a walkway along the Hudson. We drove around for a bit too and did a lot of talking. It was very refreshing because there was no pressure whatsoever. It just felt comfortable. I dropped him off at his house and we made plans to have another date this coming Saturday night. Well, that Monday, I don't know what came over me and I called him up and we had an impromptu date. I honestly don't remember that date all that much. We saw each other again that Thursday and that's when we made out for the first time. Pretty awesome stuff.

Anyone else wanna share some stories?

2. Senior Member
    6 years ago today DH and I met in person for the first time. Went and saw Norbit. We had been talking for about a month online. He saw my profile picture on myspace and thought I looked fun so he started chatting with me. This is the pic

My best friend and I had gone to Kohl's. Decided to have a photo shoot with ugly clothes and we found these bright green granny panties. I made it my myspace profile pic and DH fell in love!
  3. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Sara87 View Post
    6 years ago today DH and I met in person for the first time. Went and saw Norbit. We had been talking for about a month online. He saw my profile picture on myspace and thought I looked fun so he started chatting with me. This is the pic

My best friend and I had gone to Kohl's. Decided to have a photo shoot with ugly clothes and we found these bright green granny panties. I made it my myspace profile pic and DH fell in love!
    I love that story!!! Very cute!

4. Senior Member
    DH had just gotten back from a deployment from Iraq and just renewed his contract with the Marine Corp and got a big fat bonus. On our first date, he rolled up in an Audi S4, just to impress me.

We went to Islands, his favorite restaurant and had snacks and a few drinks. Then we watched Hell Boy II at the movie theater nearby. When he drove me home, he told me about how his headlights turned for better visibility when he went around curves. I didn't believe him. He bet me that if they did, he gets a hug at the end of the night. He won that bet. I ended up giving him a great big hug, which worked out great because there was no awkward "should we kiss or not" moment. Plus, I don't kiss on the first date, so he would have been thoroughly disappointed.
  5. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    So I got so many "romantic" stories with DH.

Let's start with our first date. We went to see No Strings Attached and then went to McDonalds and talked for a bit. The best part of the date was when we were saying goodbye on the driveway of my house. I was starting to walk away and didn't think we were gonna kiss, I thought he was just trying to be a gentleman and taking things slow. Anyway, I was walking away and he was like, "Could I get a kiss?" with these big puppy dog eyes. I was like sure, the date was nice and I liked him so why the hell not. It started off slow I thought it was just gonna be a quick peck, until he started shoving his tongue down my throat I went along with it. We were texting after he got home and he was like, "You're a good kisser." I was texting him that I wasn't expecting him to shove his tongue down my throat and he said, "Yeah, you look shocked." I should have known things were gonna be like this for us as a couple.

Another great story was when he asked me to be his girlfriend, well sort of. This was 3 days after our first date. I think we went to the movies again (not really sure) and we ended up going to McDonalds again only this time we sat in his car in the parking lot and talked. At some point I mentioned that I was in therapy at the time and he proceeds to say, "Great so now I have to tell people that my girlfriend is crazy." Of course the part I focused in on was the girlfriend part since we hadn't really DTR'd yet so I said, "Oh, so I'm your girlfriend?" and then he responded with, "If you want to be." I obviously said yes. This is going to be a great story to tell the grandkids someday.

The last story I have is our proposal story. I had just gotten out of class and DH (then DB) was coming to pick me up. He kept trying to get me to come to the car faster, I didn't really think much of it at the time I just thought he wanted to get to his house so we could or something. Anyway, I get to the parking lot and get in the car and he looks at me, pulls out the ring box from between his legs and asks, "Will you marry me?" No getting on one knee or anything exciting. Whatevs, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Also, it has become very apparent to me that we have a thing for having all our big moments as a couple in parking lots Another great story for the grandkids. However, I did make DH promise that when we get a chance to upgrade my ring and do a formal wedding I want to have an actual romantic proposal.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    when DB and I met in person for the first time he was in the drive way to the house. I come out and he's standing there. He looked exactly how his pictures were. I couldn't stop smiling. I walk up to him and he just looks at me. I throw my arms out and say "Hug me!!" lol we hugged. He came inside and met my family and he kidnapped me. We went to down town atlanta. The whole time he couldn't stop looking at me and i couldn't stop smiling. To this day this is how we still are. Whenever i see him i am as happy as i can be. We got to his motel room and we're walking up to the room and I kissed him. He blushed lol. We get to the room and he kisses me. lots of things happened in that room that night that i really honestly didn't think would happen because on the phone he seems prudish LOL. I do not regret anything. I would say that was the first time I have ever felt that happy and he continues to make me happy a majority of the time. I love DB so much...

I remember when he told me he loved me. hehe i remember i was visiting and i had pinned him on the bed and was screaming at him that i loved him and he turned so red in the face. It was really cute. sigh! that man
  7. Regular Member
    DB and I were set up on a blind date with a mutual friend, who was dating DB's best friend at the time. We all hung out at the mall and I introduced him to Hawaiian food The one thing I remember that just sticks out to me that night was while we were chatting, eating dinner, a noodle very obviously fell out of my mouth while I was eating . How did I do that?? LOL. He just pretended like it didn't happen and went on with the conversation. I still feel so embarrassed every time I think about it
    I guess that was really what attracted me to him, so easy going, understanding ("It happens" is what he says when I start to freak out or get embarrassed about little things) and just made me feel so comfortable around him.

OH and when he first told me he loves me. We were in Radio Shack waiting for our friend to get off work. We were just looking at some cables or something and he just came out and said it like he had been anticipating it for a long time. It was so cute, you had to be there haha.
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    DH and I met at the vet clinic I worked at, he was stuck sitting in the waiting room waiting for some test results. I was a receptionist and it was an unusually quiet day. We started chatting because he was cute and I was bored, the doc came up and gave him the test results and gave me the paperwork to check him out. We got all the paying stuff out of the way and he was about to walk out the door when he turned around and said, "I'd regret it if I didn't get your phone number"

We started talking, texting and chatting on yahoo IM, about a month later we went on our first date. We went to see Let Me In :eyeroll (I hate that movie!) as we laughed and talked to whole way through it (we were the only people in the theater). After the movie he walked me to my truck and I waited for him to kiss me but he never did so of course I was terrified that I was being friendzoned.

Our second date was a couple weeks later and he came to my house, we watched Knight and Day and then I kissed him ! Afterwards, he told me that he was scared to kiss me because he thought I was out of his league.

9. Senior Member
    lol Me and DH are not romantic at all! We were in the same group of friends in High School and we had a flirty thing going on sophomore yr and then he just stopped talking to me, so one night at a party I asked what was up and he said...get this... He liked me UNTILL he got to know me! so I was like screw you and we hated eachother from that point on, untill one night fall semester freshman yr of college I was up late(like 4am) and I got a IM from him cause no one else in the world was awake so we started talking on AIM regularly but we were both dating other people so it was just as friends. I went home for the summer and both of us were no longer dating other people and I went to one of his bands shows the first night I was home because I was friends with ALL of the guys in the band, we started hanging out just as friends and we roughhoused and teased eachother like I did with all the guys in the band. We were kinda involved () with other people but not dating them or anything, and one night I was hanging out at his house with him and his best friend and DH and I were laying on his bed watching a movie and roughhousing and DH keep trying to kiss me and I kept turning away, then his friend left and DH finally says "why the F*** wonít you kiss me?" and I asked why he wanted to and he was like "cause I think your cool" so I let him kiss me and we hooked up but I refused to date him because I was moving back to college and I didnít want a DB. I went college 2 hours away and he drove to see me every weekend and then decided to move there to be closer to me. He never asked me to be his GF it just happened lol.

IDK how we are going to tell our kids that story lol

At lest our proposal was cute, he asked at the zoo infront of the elephants because they are my favorite....that one is actually a cute story

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    ó Dr. Seuss
  10. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    Our first date was to a Mexican restaurant..which I love but my body really doesn't agree there (if you get me ). So, we got there and I decided to order a burger. He would NOT stop making fun of me for ordering a burger especially because the night before when we met I kept talking about how much I love Mexican food. Well, I ended up getting enchiladas to make him happy and luckily my body didn't hate on me too bad. After we were dating for like three months I told him the truth and he still makes fun of me for it lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast