Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Date night - how often?

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Date night - how often?

Advertisements
    DH just took me out for a date for the first time in what basically has felt like forever. If I try to think back, I guess the last time we went out was before the move-- so like, well over a month and more like two.

We went to dinner at a great sushi restaurant that one of my work-acquaintances suggested, and then to the movies to see Warm Bodies. DH loves zombie movies, and I guess he figured he'd better just accept the fact that it was about as close as he was ever going to get to me actually seeing one. The whole evening was so perfect. It was like an extension of Valentine's Day or something.

Anyway, it got me thinking how we should really make going out on dates more of a regular thing. How often do you guys go out on "dates"? And by dates, I don't mean, "I didn't feel like cooking... let's go out*," I mean solid 100% making plans, get dressed, and go out specifically for a special night.

(* that's not to say "I don't wanna cook, let's go out" aren't awesome too-- and honestly we hadn't done any of those either--just not talkin' that type).

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Senior Member
    At least once a month. Usually every 3 weeks. Dinner and a movie. Sometimes we just do a movie but I just think of that as us being bored
  3. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    About once every two to three weeks. Usually just to dinner and maybe look around wherever we decide to go. DH and I rarely if ever go to the movies for date nights unless there's something one or both of us really want to see.
  4. Moderator

We go to the Nutcracker most years... Ummmmmmm every three or four months, tops?

We aren't big fans of "going out."
  5. Senior Member
    last time me and DF went on a special date was when he was home last (july)

we went to my fave place to eat and DF swore up and down the waiter was hitting on me but i knew better..i said "no baby, i'm not his type" DF was confused till the waiter suggested a desert and winked at DF shoulda seen DFs face then he said "is it because i'm wearing purple?" he and i we're colored coordinated for our night out we have already planned to go back on this trip!
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  6. Senior Member
    We're LDR now, but when we weren't it was every few weeks. We went out on Wednesdays a lot to Dave & Busters and Buca di Beppo, or we'd try a different restaurant and see a movie if anything interesting was out. We never made a huge deal of it but we still considered them dates.

We had a better time staying in. We'd make a really good dinner, have some wine, watch a movie on Netflix or whatever.
  7. Senior Member
    The last time we went on an actual date was our two year wedding anniversary, last June. I can't wait until DH is home again so we can start doing regular date nights.

8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

We generally go out once a week. Dating, even if married, is important.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Probably once every 2 or 3 weeks. We used to go every week but now we have to add on $40-$60 more because we need our babysitter. So one date night can cost close to $100, if not more, just for dinner & a movie.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Not enough, at all. The last date we had was DH's command Christmas party. He's not home enough and when he is home, we feel crappy about doing something without Wyatt because he loses out on Daddy time.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast