Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I dont know where to put this post

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I dont know where to put this post

Advertisements
    Well It has to do with relationships, but its a vent sorta as well. My DB has visited just about every place I have dreamed of going to and doesn't want to visit them again. This made me sad and I was talking to my friend about it. She suggested a girls trip. But none of my girlfriends are willing to ditch their husbands long enough to go on a friggin trip!

Is that normal?
    I am the last of my friends to be not married. So I really don't have anyone to hangout with unless I want to discuss baby clothes and diapers

2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I'll gladly ditch my husband & all baby-talk for a vaca with the girls

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    I'm not sure what you are asking is normal. For him not to want to go somewhere twice? I mean, I get that. I've been to a lot of countries and I'd like to see other places before I'd go back to them. As for your friends, I don't know if that is normal. If I really want to go somewhere, I make it happen and if that means its by myself, then fine. I actually like going places by myself. My friends (except one) don't have the $ for travel, or aren't adventurous. I've just accepted that.

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i just never imagined having to travel to other countries by myself. I would like to share the experience of going with someone
  5. Senior Member
    Not in my marriage. I still do all the things I always did, I love girls trips and concerts, bars, hotels, all that fun stuff and my husband will still be here when I get back.
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Joychaos View Post
    i just never imagined having to travel to other countries by myself. I would like to share the experience of going with someone
    JMO, if someone can't break away from their husband for a few days then that's a problem. Even in a marriage, you need space.

ETA: I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying there are problems in a marriage if spouses can't leave each other but I took the OP as request of a vacation with girlfriends is like unheard of to them & something they would never even consider. It's great if your SO is your preferred travel partner & DH is mine also but depending on the place, if I had the money to throw away, I'd gladly go with my friends. But since that takes time, planning & money, yes, I'd rather go with DH. But a vacation somewhere in the US with my friends back home, you'd see dust behind my feet.
    Last edited by Rissa*Rawr; 02-12-2013 at 11:25 PM.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    JMO, if someone can't break away from their husband for a few days then that's a problem. Even in a marriage, you need space.
    then I guess all of my friends have problems? they are all happily married though...*shrug*
  8. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    Get some new friends!! Not saying to necessarily replace the old ones, but there's always room for new, right? There's always people out there you could find to take a girls vacation; I know I would love to more than anything if it was affordable right now.

9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Joychaos View Post
    then I guess all of my friends have problems? they are all happily married though...*shrug*
    Not saying they have problems or that they're unhappy but you don't lose your life in a marriage.

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kprime View Post
    Get some new friends!! Not saying to necessarily replace the old ones, but there's always room for new, right? There's always people out there you could find to take a girls vacation; I know I would love to more than anything if it was affordable right now.

Wish I had friends like you guys around. I would kill to have some that weren't attached to their husbands by the hip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Not saying they have problems or that they're unhappy but you don't lose your life in a marriage.
    indeed. It seems they have lost their individuality ....er independence?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast