Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Forever Bands :)

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Your Forever Bands :)

Advertisements
    So this is so random but I was cleaning my ring today and couldn't help but smile. I remember the moment that he proposed to me .... I knew it was coming soon but I didn't know exact, and he planned it with his brothers while I was at his parents house. I never wanted anything at the beach or dinner. I didn't want anything 'romantic' I suppose, but his brother asked while we were out in the kitchen when DH was gonna pop the question. Jokingly I said "never!" and DH pulled my hand and turned me around and I was down on his knee right in the middle of his kitchen floor. He had one brother taking pictures and one started the song Invincible by Crossfade (a song that he first played for me on his guitar when we first started dating that meant a lot to us) and he said "how about now?" Then asked me to marry him. . So after two years of engagement we got married. He picked out the wedding band himself. He liked it because the side says LOVE. And he said to him it was unique and he wanted me to remember when I saw it that there is always love. So here is the pic... Post your pics and stories I love to hear how your SO asked you or you asked them

(For the record, that day for dinner.....it was chicken fries )

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
  2. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    Nice ring, and nails!!!
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    From my OP when it happened:

So heres the story:
    MF (who will still be referred to as MF since I looove the term manfriend. But he is my fiancee!) wanted to do stuff in the city because he lives in J-hell and there is no culture. So he looked up stuff to do here (that should have been tip off #1), and said he wanted to go to the Franklin Conservatory an then the art museum.

So we went to the conservatory, which is like a giant greenhouse with different areas, like the desert, the himalayas, the rainforest etc. So we are walking around, and I know a lot about flowers since I worked in a flower shop for 4 years in high school. So he is asking questions, and I am telling him random factoids. We get to the rainforest, and are at the top of this little lookout, and he says "I have another question for you" and I (totally clueless!) say yes and he says "I love you," *gets down on one knee*, "Will you marry me?'. I cover my mouth and gasp, and ask (so sweetly) 'Are you serious?!?' and he said yes, and, obviously, I said yes!

Here are pics of where it happened and then my ring! It was my grandmas ring- 2.1 carat, flawless (legit), diamond. I love it. I love it so much. He is such a sneaker. And normally he never is! He actually flew to NY 2 nights ago, when he said he was int he field, to talk to first my mom, and then my dad, and then his family.

I am SO happy!

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    From my OP when it happened:

So heres the story:
    MF (who will still be referred to as MF since I looove the term manfriend. But he is my fiancee!) wanted to do stuff in the city because he lives in J-hell and there is no culture. So he looked up stuff to do here (that should have been tip off #1), and said he wanted to go to the Franklin Conservatory an then the art museum.

So we went to the conservatory, which is like a giant greenhouse with different areas, like the desert, the himalayas, the rainforest etc. So we are walking around, and I know a lot about flowers since I worked in a flower shop for 4 years in high school. So he is asking questions, and I am telling him random factoids. We get to the rainforest, and are at the top of this little lookout, and he says "I have another question for you" and I (totally clueless!) say yes and he says "I love you," *gets down on one knee*, "Will you marry me?'. I cover my mouth and gasp, and ask (so sweetly) 'Are you serious?!?' and he said yes, and, obviously, I said yes!

Here are pics of where it happened and then my ring! It was my grandmas ring- 2.1 carat, flawless (legit), diamond. I love it. I love it so much. He is such a sneaker. And normally he never is! He actually flew to NY 2 nights ago, when he said he was int he field, to talk to first my mom, and then my dad, and then his family.

I am SO happy!

AWWW this is so sweet. And your ring is amazing!!!! I love it!
  5. Senior Member

He proposed on Christmas Eve in the car outside of Walgreens I didn't care how he did it though, I was sick as a dog and he was too nervous to do it in front of my family but wanted it done before going to his cause he knew his mom would ask to see it as soon as we walke in.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9437048

He proposed on Christmas Eve in the car outside of Walgreens I didn't care how he did it though, I was sick as a dog and he was too nervous to do it in front of my family but wanted it done before going to his cause he knew his mom would ask to see it as soon as we walke in.
    Exactly how I felt lol. I didn't care it was in front of a stove in a kitchen while eating chicken fries. Just was happy to finally be his fiance. Beautiful ring!!! Love the three stone
  7. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    From my engagement post on here, 11/15/2012:

DB, now DF, proposed today!

Hold on for the most romantic proposal of all time:

He proposed after I got out of class. In his car, in the parking lot.

Don't be jellie

Not that it really bothers me how he proposed, what matters is that we are now officially engaged!

Pics of the ring:

I'm so freaking happy and excited!
  8. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

I love love stories . We got engaged after a hike up a mountain. DH had my ring for something like 6 months, and after waiting so long I had kind of given up. I just stopped worrying about it. I had even started to wonder if he really even had the ring (I had found a jewelry bag ~4 months before when I was cleaning out his car with him but since it had been so long I figured it was just from visiting or something). We LOVE hiking, so I didn't think anything of it when we decided to go for a hike the day after a friend's wedding in the mountains. The mountains of NC was kind of our place, where we always visited on a free weekend. Anyway. We get to the top, and DH starts acting really weird, and essentially stares down everyone on the top so we're left alone. Then he kept asking if I wanted water. I kept reminding me that I'd had a whole liter on the way up and if he ever wanted to get home I better not (romantic, huh?). Then he reached in the bag!!

As much as I love my engagement ring, I really loooooove my wedding band. I love it, and would totally wear it alone (it is easier to see how pretty it is without the engagement ring). I definitely will wear it alone while we're traveling. I dont have any pics of it on the computer though . It is a 5 stone, ~1 carat band.

The day before at the wedding. EVERYONE was asking when we were getting married/engaged and I was getting so annoyed

Engagement ring.

Kiss right after.

Us on the way down, we passed someone that could take a decent picture, the ones we tried to take of ourselves were not great and my face was all red from getting sappy

sorry the pics are huge, I cant figure out how to make them smaller.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishie View Post

I love love stories . We got engaged after a hike up a mountain. DH had my ring for something like 6 months, and after waiting so long I had kind of given up. I just stopped worrying about it. I had even started to wonder if he really even had the ring (I had found a jewelry bag ~4 months before when I was cleaning out his car with him but since it had been so long I figured it was just from visiting or something). We LOVE hiking, so I didn't think anything of it when we decided to go for a hike the day after a friend's wedding in the mountains. The mountains of NC was kind of our place, where we always visited on a free weekend. Anyway. We get to the top, and DH starts acting really weird, and essentially stares down everyone on the top so we're left alone. Then he kept asking if I wanted water. I kept reminding me that I'd had a whole liter on the way up and if he ever wanted to get home I better not (romantic, huh?). Then he reached in the bag!!

As much as I love my engagement ring, I really loooooove my wedding band. I love it, and would totally wear it alone (it is easier to see how pretty it is without the engagement ring). I definitely will wear it alone while we're traveling. I dont have any pics of it on the computer though . It is a 5 stone, ~1 carat band.

The day before at the wedding. EVERYONE was asking when we were getting married/engaged and I was getting so annoyed

Engagement ring.

Kiss right after.

Us on the way down, we passed someone that could take a decent picture, the ones we tried to take of ourselves were not great and my face was all red from getting sappy

sorry the pics are huge, I cant figure out how to make them smaller.
    I love stories like this.... when they know your favorite thing to do and it makes it so memorable and personal to each person.
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Yeah ya'll get the picture I just posted in the other thread b/c I'm not taking a picture of non-manicured hands.

Anyway, the story is that when we went up to NJ to visit my family in July. The day after the reunion, DH (then DB) and I went hiking up in one of the local national parks. When we got to the top he was super nervous (a rare occurrence), and all of a sudden he just got down and asked. It was adorable and perfect.

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast