Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And another one bites the dust - UPDATED

1. verabot89
    verabot89

And another one bites the dust - UPDATED

Advertisements
    I mentioned in a previous thread that I met a guy and it seemed like it would good... well, I'm going to have to break it off. He just came on so strong and last night we were hanging out and I felt super claustrophobic and panicky cause he wouldn't stop touching me. I feel like I will never have personal space around him. And the texting has been constant, which can be fun but it was just too much. I'm pretty sure he is all wrapped up in this already and I feel bad, and don't know what to tell him.

Ugh, every time this happens though it becomes so clear to me how much I loathe the idea of being with someone right now. I hope that changes one day. I keep meeting people on accident and then wanting to give them a chance because they could be awesome, and I don't want to shut the door on anything, but then I wind up just feeling overwhelmed and freaked out. Blech.

Update: So I did what Solstice recommended, which was basically explaining how I felt and seeing if he could back off a bit. We agreed that we would keep talking but with less pressure and expectation. Opening up the lines of communication like that was actually really great and I felt a lot better the next day after we had cleared the air. I was also sick with a cold that night I mentioned above^^ and I think I was extra bothered by the touching because I didn't feel well at all. Anyways, we've kept talking and I saw him this weekend and it was so much better! I felt a lot more comfortable around him and not overwhelmed at all, and we had a great time. I'm really glad I didn't write him off completely because we really do have a lot in common and are compatible on a lot of levels: it was just so much so fast. Moving forward I think things could be really good with us! Happy update.
    Last edited by FruitPunch.; 02-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    There's plenty more out there. You'll find what you're looking for sooner than later.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    It's not meant to be this time. You're doing fine! When the right one comes along it will all fall into place.

4. Free!
    Free!
    I understand that feeling very well.
  5. Senior Member
    I know how you feel. I feel that way about every guy who does the same thing. Then I complain when a guy doesn't do that, and then I like him
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

just be honest with him its the best way for both of you.

the right one will come around eventually.
  7. verabot89
    verabot89
    I don't know how to tell him
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

8. Senior Member
    I'd just tell him you aren't ready for this. I usually just ignore the guys that do that to me, and that's really rude of me. I'm horrible at confrontation.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  9. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    I don't know how to tell him
    First off for everything, I know that's tough. You'll find someone eventually that's right for you!

And I'd just be honest, let him know you just don't think things are working for you. Honesty is the best policy as old school as that sounds.

10. Banned
    Banned
    just tell him, and do not worry about hurting his feelings. yours are more important.

GL!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast