Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What's your relationship language?

1. Senior Member

What's your relationship language?

Advertisements
    WeSingJoyous said something in another thread that I really loved. (Hope it's okay that I quoted you on a different thread!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    I don't think there's a "skeleton key to a happy marriage," but this is without a doubt the one that fits our lock.
    And it got me thinking. There's a lot of different "key shapes" in different relationships so I'm wondering what everyone else's relationship thrives on!

For DB and I it's made out of:
    Quality time
    Phone calls (NOT texting for some reason )
    And hosting friends in our house
    etc.

What about everyone else?
  2. Moderator

Keeping things simple
    Positive recognition of things we do for each other
    Serving each other at every opportunity
    Doing community service
    Being active in our religion and praying together

And I don't mind you quoting me.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    Keeping things simple
    Positive recognition of things we do for each other
    Serving each other at every opportunity
    Doing community service
    Being active in our religion and praying together

And I don't mind you quoting me.
    Oh good! I read that and I was like.."yes! That is awesome! I need to remember that"
  4. Regular Member
    For us, I think the best thing has been communication because that creates such a respect for each other every single day. We never really argue, we have disagreements, but it hardly ever gets to the point of an argument. If one of us has a bad day, the other steps up without even questioning it. It makes things so much less complicated. Both of us hate drama, so just keep on keepin on works for us very well. Love, Faith, and Selflessness.....
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

- Seeking God together -- This is one of our most powerful ways to bond. We truly see the best in each other when we both press in to God
    - Being kind -- Sounds so simple, but it's easy to get blunt and snappy instead of taking the time and care to be kind to one another.
    - Quality time -- Spending significant time together is very important to both of us.
    - Doing everyday things together -- Chores, errands, etc. We do everything together. It's so enjoyable and rejuvenating. It reminds us that we're partners for life.
    - Thinking of the other first-- We've slacked on this since having Aubree, but we normally try to always think of the other person first. Since there are two of us, the other is always taken care of by their spouse It makes us feel both loved and full of love.
    - Focusing on things that we love about one another -- Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." It reminds us of our spouse's best attributes and reawakens that early infatuated love that we felt
    - Verbalizing our feelings and thoughts -- Ensures that the other is being heard and understood and keeps our communication lines open.

Those are the primary ones, I think
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan