Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He always manages to impress me..

1. Senior Member

He always manages to impress me..

Advertisements
    As DB was starting the enlistment process, I stupidly bought into the idea that he would come out with a hardened heart and be distant toward me. Jeez was I wrong!...

I love DB because he's an introvert but sometimes his positive affirmation is a bit limited. He thinks a lot and speaks only a little. He's in BCT and got a phone call on Saturday, just before he usually writes on Sunday. I assumed the letter would be a little hum-drum because we got to chat about the previous week in real time. Instead, he decided to write two and a half pages of what he loves about me
  2. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Awww! Sometimes the distance brings out all the mushiness in a guy. I know BCT seemed to make DH more open and romantic with his words.

Johanna is my wifey!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 907Kim View Post
    Awww! Sometimes the distance brings out all the mushiness in a guy. I know BCT seemed to make DH more open and romantic with his words.
    Distance certainly makes the heart grow fonder. DB is definitely more appreciative of me now. (Not that he wasn't before, I think it's just more obvious now)
    I also noticed a huuuge leap in DB's confidence with BCT so I think he's more okay with being "gushy" now. I love it
  4. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Quote Originally Posted by photographerkate View Post
    Distance certainly makes the heart grow fonder. DB is definitely more appreciative of me now. (Not that he wasn't before, I think it's just more obvious now)
    I also noticed a huuuge leap in DB's confidence with BCT so I think he's more okay with being "gushy" now. I love it
    It's definitely a cute side-effect

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    Aww

DB has been a lot more mushy than he has before. During Christmas Exodus I noticed a lot more 'I love you' 'You're so beautiful' 'You're the best girlfriend in the world' I like it.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 907Kim View Post
    The one thing I liked about basic! OP, I'm glad you got to see that side of him!