Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wedding stress mixed with mother in law stress!!

1. Regular Member

Bang Head Wedding stress mixed with mother in law stress!!

Advertisements
    Hello Everyone! Just needing some advice on how to stay calm with my soon to be mother in law!! My DF and I are getting married next Saturday and his mother is trying to control this wedding and change everything that i want!! How can i stop myself from getting so upset over and be nice to her still! I really do not need this stress on top of the stress i already have with the wedding and with my DF leaving for bootcamp soon!! Help keep me sane ! Anyone else have this issue?!
  2. Regular Member
    Mine did the exact same thing....my hubby talked to her, it stopped right away which shocked me. Well I should say it stopped until the wedding was over, she is one of those nosy controlling types! Good luck, and I hope it all turns out amazing for you!!
  3. Regular Member
    She is the same way! She wants control over EVERYTHING!! And she wont change for anything or anyone, not even her son!! I guess ill have to just deal lol!! Thanks!
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkayer53190 View Post
    She is the same way! She wants control over EVERYTHING!! And she wont change for anything or anyone, not even her son!! I guess ill have to just deal lol!! Thanks!
    She had gotten away with it for so long, but he drew the line about the wedding. He was going to "uninvite" her, so she gave in. Drastic measures, but he was done with it!!