Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's Just Not That Into You. Or Is He?

1. Regular Member

He's Just Not That Into You. Or Is He?

Advertisements
    Trying to answer one of love's biggest questions. Have you or someone you know had a guy tell you it's not going to work, that he's not in love, he's just not that into you, etc. Then come back later after changing his mind or finding something that was missing. And (the key here) have it work out long term? If so, pretty please share. I could really use some fairy tales tonight.
  2. Senior Member
    When DH and I were in high school, we dated for about a month. He dumped me out of nowhere, in an email. Apparently I was pretty attached to him, because I still remember that, 12 years later, and I remember crying over it.

Fast forward to 3 years ago- we find each other online, and reconnect (as friends initially). After 9 months of texting, emailing, and two visits, he asks me back out. A year later, her proposes, and now we are married.

So it can happen! Especially if you were young and stupid the first time around.

3. Senior Member
    I guess it's possible, but I would move on personally. IMO there's no sense waiting around for a guy who straight up tells you he's not interested, whatever reason he gives.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I guess it's possible, but I would move on personally. IMO there's no sense waiting around for a guy who straight up tells you he's not interested, whatever reason he gives.
    I have to agree. My views would be along the lines of "If I didn't change who I was, yet he didn't like me before, why does he suddenly like me now?" I'd be skeptical.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would just move on, it looks desperate if you wait around. If it happens it happens but most of the time when someone flat out says they're not interested it's for a reason.
  6. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    No. I "circled the bowl" with my on-again; off-again for years through college and afterwards. Bleh! Now we're both incredibly happy being married to other people who are quite similar in many ways to us (i.e. his wife and I are similar in a lot of ways; DH and exDB are similar in a lot of ways), but we're also VASTLY different in some other critical ways.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I can't say it's happened from personal experience because when a guy tells me it's not going to work then they are not coming back into my life. Sorry but if you (general) leave once, there is no turning around because you had a change of heart... It's immature, IMO & I don't have time for that.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. Senior Member
    I dated a guy in high school for about two months and then he broke up with me without warning. About a year later we got back together and then two weeks after that he broke up with me again. He was a nice guy but obviously we weren't meant to be.
    I'd be careful unless a lot of time has passed or there's a clear reason why things are different now.
  9. Senior Member
    Guess it's possible...but never worked out for me. There were two different guys while in college that I was on again, off again with at different times...but we were never exactly 'official'. After a while I got tired if the roller coasters and moved on...clearly didn't learn my lesson the first time though since it happened with two different guys.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    I have to agree. My views would be along the lines of "If I didn't change who I was, yet he didn't like me before, why does he suddenly like me now?" I'd be skeptical.
    ditto..had one that supposedly happened but he just wanted to get laid..i was way too busy digging someone else to care, no matter what the heck he flashed me....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast