Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Date Ideas?

1. Senior Member

Date Ideas?

Advertisements
    So DH emailed me earlier and told me to make some plans for us this weekend to spend time together and have some fun. He's finally getting it that we still need dates even though we're married Anyway, I can't think of anywhere to go besides a movie and dinner but I want some other options as well. If we were back in my home state I wouldn't have a problem with this but since I've only been living here for 3 months it's not so easy. Especially since I've only really been to stores, the movies and our apartment since I've been here. So any of you ladies have any ideas? If it helps I'm in the Chesapeake area and up for day or night date ideas. Even just something to do together at home. I just need ideas I'm terrible with coming up with this stuff.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Picnic lunch in secluded area of a park.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Picnic lunch in secluded area of a park.
    I love that idea, that's my kind of date, but isn't it kinda cold and wet?

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

ice skating?? my db and i did that xmas and it was super fun...
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Moderator

We play board games together because we are old people. Ok ok because it's super fun. Favorites are Stratego, Chess, Chinese Checkers, Risk, I don't remember what else. I usually set up a super romantic table (aka an extra computer desk, a string of Christmas lights and some soup and popcorn) on our balcony and we just roflstomp each other in board games and eat and chat. It's kind of awesome.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    We play board games together because we are old people. Ok ok because it's super fun. Favorites are Stratego, Chess, Chinese Checkers, Risk, I don't remember what else. I usually set up a super romantic table (aka an extra computer desk, a string of Christmas lights and some soup and popcorn) on our balcony and we just roflstomp each other in board games and eat and chat. It's kind of awesome.
    Angel is 18 (19 now?). You may have to explain to her what is this thing you refer to as a "Board..game."
  8. Senior Member
    here are some ideas that we have done more than once:

go bowling!

bake a cake and decorate it... and of course eat it! for some reason this has become a tradition for me and DH to do when we're bored

you live in Virginia, right? are you fairly close to the beach then? walking on the beach and exploring the area is fun to do even if it's not hot out!! have a beach day! definitely done that several times. make it a whole day thing. we live like 3 hours away from the ocean and made many a day trip there.

what about an overnight date? i've many times looked up local rental cabins or cottages, or a nice hotel. it's fun to get away even for a night, it feels like a mini vacation!

do you like museums? aquariums? zoos? look up some in your general area and go! i love all 3 of those types of places.
  9. Senior Member
  10. Regular Member
    what about an overnight date? i've many times looked up local rental cabins or cottages, or a nice hotel. it's fun to get away even for a night, it feels like a mini vacation!
    YES! That's always fun! Book a little getaway and if you want to have a picnic, surprise him with a picnic basket with some his favorite foods and have your own little picnic in bed.

One of our gifts from my husband's mom for Christmas was a picnic basket. She filled it with Brie cheese, crackers, chocolate, jam, wine and even completed it by throwing in a little plastic fork, knife and spoon (those came in handy). She added some stuff like a Scentsy roadtrip air freshner and candle to go along with our little adventure (she knew we were having our honeymoon). We sat in bed, listened to music and ate food. It was such a great date!

My husband laid everything out nicely because he's a dork like that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast