Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Us

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Love The Story of Us

Advertisements

The Story of Us
    01/08/2013

The whole story of Patrick and me actually begins with the ending of another story. In September of 2011 I was blindsided and dumped by my boyfriend of 4 years. Looking for a way out of the pain that was circling me in Seattle, I decided to pack my Jeep and move to Colorado. I would stay with my friends for a few months and see if this is where my new life is supposed to bring me.
    I joined a dating website and put up my profile, if nothing else, just to meet someone to hang out with. Faithlessly I checked my in-box and there was a message from a guy with a great smile. I opened my mail and read the message he sent me, there was a specific line making fun of my profile that we still joke about… he asked “why would you want Jet skis in Colorado?”. So I decided to look at his profile some more to figure this guy out. He mentioned he was military, interests, hobbies, etc. but something else caught my eye. He was from Seattle! I thought, “Alright, I’ll give this a shot, at least he’s from home”. We exchanged several emails and text messages over the next couple weeks. Patrick was stuck training in Louisiana but meanwhile we could get to know each other without all scariness of having to meet in person right away.
    Eventually Patrick did make it back to Fort Carson and he asked me to go out and meet him for a beer. Although I have enjoyed talking to this man very much over the past couple weeks, I was terrified to meet him and ruin everything or let myself get hurt again. I put off seeing him for another week or so but he was so persistent, he didn’t give up on me.
    We had our first date on Saturday February 11, 2012, at none other than Seattle-based, Starbucks Coffee. When I walked in he was sitting there in his Seattle winter attire, coffee in hand, and right then I felt like I was home again. Before our coffee date was over, he asked if he could see me again. Every time I see him, I still feel the way I did after that first date, completely at home, happy to the core and more loved than you can imagine.
    To this day, Patrick is the best thing that could have happened to me. I know that fate and true love do exist. God brought me to Colorado so we could fall in love. Patrick and I are planning to be married within a year and look forward to eventually moving home to Seattle to start a life, but Colorado will always have a place in our hearts
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Awwww that is such a cool story!!

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, LOVE never fails"
    I Corinthians 13:7-8
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you very much!! I hope it's a good enough story to win the contest i entered for a completely paid for dream wedding.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow! I hope you win that would be awesome. Your story is like that tv show catfish except your story actually worked out lol

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, LOVE never fails"
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I have no idea what show you're talking about lol.
  6. Regular Member
    What a heart-warming story!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshortie253 View Post
    I have no idea what show you're talking about lol.
    It's a show about online dating. Basically this guy helps them find and meet each other. Although, it's usually people who have been talking for a year or more and most of the time the person they've been talking o are not who they say they are.

8. Senior Member
    What a romantic story

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Awesome Sleepless in Seattle Story!!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Aww you ladies are too sweet! Thank you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast