Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you can love a partner unconditionally?

1. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful

Do you think you can love a partner unconditionally?

Advertisements
    Or does love always come with conditions? Alternatively, is the love unconditional but the relationship conditional?

Think of the things that your parents would (or should have) loved you anyways through, like drug abuse or whatever.
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I'd go with the love is unconditional but with conditions in the relationship.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I agree!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I don't think anything he could do would make me stop loving him but there are things he could do that would make it impossible for me to stay with him. So love is unconditional, but the relationship is conditional.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'll be honest. I don't think that ANY person can love unconditionally. I consider that agape love-- the love of God. Perfect love. And I don't think that human beings are capable of it. I do, however, think that we can attempt to love unconditionally and do the best that we can.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i think there are things someone can do that would make me question my love for them or maybe why i loved them. i'm not sure what that means for unconditional. the more i think about it i don't think i can personally love someone unconditionally. others might though.

7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Love is unconditional, and the relationship is conditional, but after too much time of being in a crappy relationship because of the problem, the love would go away. So I guess that means love is also conditional, but slower to go away than a relationship.

Things that would break my relationship- drug abuse, cheating, emotional/physical abuse towards myself or anyone really, fucking us over financially (without cause, like if a poor investment is made thats not really his fault, while things like gambling would be his fault).
  8. Senior Member
    I would have a reallllllly hard time loving someone who committed a heinous crime ie murder. I honestly don't think I could love them.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Love is unconditional, and the relationship is conditional, but after too much time of being in a crappy relationship because of the problem, the love would go away. So I guess that means love is also conditional, but slower to go away than a relationship.

Things that would break my relationship- drug abuse, cheating, emotional/physical abuse towards myself or anyone really, fucking us over financially (without cause, like if a poor investment is made thats not really his fault, while things like gambling would be his fault).
    Agree with this.Especially the bolded.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    agree.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast