Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Messaging people on dating sites

  1. Free!
    Boneslady's Avatar
    Boneslady is offline
    Free!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Ohio tri-state area
    Posts
    5,495
    #1

    Messaging people on dating sites

    Advertisements
    I've been around on dating sites for awhile but I've never been really good at messaging people. I just never know what to say that doesn't sound hokey. Ideas?

    TIA
  2. The name says it all!
    ALil2Naughty's Avatar
    ALil2Naughty is offline
    The name says it all!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loki's chambers
    Posts
    26,360

    #2
    The people in my head said you would be cool to talk to, are they telling me the truth?

    Hi usually worked for me.

    DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.




  3. Banned
    stoodle's Avatar
    stoodle is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    119
    #3
    Usually it lists astrological sign. My tactic was always to link them to a compatibility link. For example, my DH is a Leo. I'm a taurus. We didn't meet on a dating site, but if we had, my initial message to him would be as follows.

    Leo and Taurus Love Compatibility - Astrology.com
    So. It could work.




    That tactic actually worked for me several times.
  4. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #4
    "Hey I came across your profile, and I think you're pretty cute, we should talk a little " I used to use that. I think DH sent me some prescribed pick up line made by eharmony, so it all honesty is really doesn't matter what you say


  5. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #5
    I think I used to look for something interesting on their profile and use it to ask a question to get the conversation going. Like, "Oh, I see you play Call of Duty, I play WoW, do you play WoW? What other games do you play?" Or whatever else is on their profile.
  6. Senior Member
    3MthGf's Avatar
    3MthGf is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,052
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneslady View Post
    I've been around on dating sites for awhile but I've never been really good at messaging people. I just never know what to say that doesn't sound hokey. Ideas?

    TIA
    Find something in their profile and use it as an opening line. For example, a guy jokingly wrote in his profile that his version of "dinner & a movie" would be wendys and getting something out of redbox. I replied back: I don't like Wendys. Can we go to Chick-fil-A instead? If not, then I get to pick a rom-com out of redbox.







    I'm a good girl People make me do bad things

  7. Banned
    stoodle's Avatar
    stoodle is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    119
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MthGf View Post
    Find something in their profile and use it as an opening line. For example, a guy jokingly wrote in his profile that his version of "dinner & a movie" would be wendys and getting something out of redbox. I replied back: I don't like Wendys. Can we go to Chick-fil-A instead? If not, then I get to pick a rom-com out of redbox.
    Haha, that's awesome!
  8. Super Speshil
    SoulCupcake's Avatar
    SoulCupcake is offline
    Super Speshil
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Posts
    9,882
    #8
    I usually picked something out of the person's profile to comment on.
    Pax, Aeon
  9. Mommyof2in09's Avatar
    Mommyof2in09 is offline
    :)
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,614
    Blog Entries
    2
    #9
    I just waited for people to message me but that cause I am shy and was afraid of rejection.

    ♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥




    better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  10. Senior Member
    cassadilla's Avatar
    cassadilla is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,907
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    I think I used to look for something interesting on their profile and use it to ask a question to get the conversation going. Like, "Oh, I see you play Call of Duty, I play WoW, do you play WoW? What other games do you play?" Or whatever else is on their profile.
    this is probably what i would do. pick something from his profile and go from there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •