Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So how did you meet your SO?

1. Banned
    Banned

So how did you meet your SO?

Advertisements
    It's an epic story so I just felt the need to share.

I met Gary at a bar. We made eye contact a few times. He smiled bashfully. After a while came up and offered to buy me a drink. We seemed to be hitting it off, and we stayed out together after our friends left.

He challenged me to a game of pool and we asked the people who were currently playing pool to let us know when they were done.

Gary said he had to use the restroom. He disappeared for a really long time. I got worried that he left without telling me, and wondered if he decided he didn't like me anymore.

One of the people who had been playing pool came up and told me the pool table was now available.

"That won't be necessary. Either he's taking a shit or he left," I said, as a joke but I was actually pretty bummed.

"Actually there is someone taking a shit in the men's room," said the man. "Is he wearing black converses?"

"Yeah," I said.

"That's your man."

Eventually Gary returned and said, "Sorry that took so long."

I said, "It's okay, everyone poops."
  2. Senior Member
    Wow. What a story. We met senior year of high school.
  3. Senior Member
    haha, funny story!

DH & I originally met while working at Lowe's while we were both in college. Didn't date or talk much then, fast forward 5 years later and we 'met again' at a bonfire for New Years Eve at the house of some former coworkers we knew. That was 12/31/2009.
  4. Senior Member
    omg

DB and i met at work at a grocery store.
  5. Senior Member
    That is HILARIOUS!

My DH and I met online, I was super crazy into horseback riding and the first thing my DH said to me is "I'm no cowboy, but my grandpa is!" but it's really cool that his grandpa really is a cowboy
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

High school.

Technically, band camp, summer before my freshmen year. Be still my beating heart.
  7. Senior Member
    Mine is rather amusing...
    Well I went out for a girls night (was married at the time to my ex) some random guy was checking me out came over to me and said "hi" I gave him the wtf look and he said "here's my credit card, all you drinks are on me tonight" I was like okay and he walked away never to be seen again(i had to give the card to the bartender cause i couldnt find the guy lol) now fast forward a few months I see the same guy when my ex introduced me to a few guys he works with.... Yeh awkward. We didn't say anything to each other but I told my ex about everything and said it was that guy my ex the asshole he was said "we'll you do look different with makeup on in a dark room" yeh anyways.... Fast forward a few more months and my ex and I separated due to abuse and my current DB messaged me on Fb saying if I need anything, he'd help out (everyone at work knew what happened since the MPs got involved) and he just started talking to me regularly but we were just friends for a little while, and it just grew from there. He was the only person there for me and we became best friends but feelings grew and now here we are a year later and I'm pregnant. I found out later (his friend at the bar told me) he was always to shy to talk to girls and he was trying to find a way to talk to me all night and when he did he choked (hence the hi heres my card) He's the most amazing guy I've ever met, treats me and my kids so good. My life is officially perfect.

8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gorjes View Post
    Mine is rather amusing...
    Well I went out for a girls night (was married at the time to my ex) some random guy was checking me out came over to me and said "hi" I gave him the wtf look and he said "here's my credit card, all you drinks are on me tonight" I was like okay and he walked away never to be seen again(i had to give the card to the bartender cause i couldnt find the guy lol) now fast forward a few months I see the same guy when my ex introduced me to a few guys he works with.... Yeh awkward. We didn't say anything to each other but I told my ex about everything and said it was that guy my ex the asshole he was said "we'll you do look different with makeup on in a dark room" yeh anyways.... Fast forward a few more months and my ex and I separated due to abuse and my current DB messaged me on Fb saying if I need anything, he'd help out (everyone at work knew what happened since the MPs got involved) and he just started talking to me regularly but we were just friends for a little while, and it just grew from there. He was the only person there for me and we became best friends but feelings grew and now here we are a year later and I'm pregnant. I found out later (his friend at the bar told me) he was always to shy to talk to girls and he was trying to find a way to talk to me all night and when he did he choked (hence the hi heres my card) He's the most amazing guy I've ever met, treats me and my kids so good. My lie is officially perfect.
    Gary always had trouble talking to women too. He was out with a couple of his shipmates that evening and they had egged him on to talk to me, so he did. Otherwise, he would have been too nervous. I'm sure glad they encouraged him!
  9. Senior Member
    Met my DB online gaming. We really haven't gamed together so much as we started talking as he was having some dark days after he had been injured. As he states all the time. I tell you things I don't share ever. Now we are dating but from afar as he reenlisted when he healed enough.
  10. Senior Member
    I went to my friend's Halloween party in Orlando in 2010 and met a guy there, totally platonic new friend etc. We talked a lot over the next few months and he told me he wanted to set me up with his friend in the army when he went on R&R in a few months, I stalked his fb and I was like LOL not a chance and forgot about it.

Went to the same friend's birthday party in January 2011, my friend brought his friend to the nightclub we went out to and that's how we met. He bought me drinks, sang Katy Perry to me, and we stayed up all night talking and watching zombie movies. We got married six months later!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast