Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: marriage

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

marriage

Advertisements
    Do you ever get that feeling that you will never get married? All your friends are married or engaged and here you are in a relationship. You read about all the engagement stories and you feel depressed, your guy says he's not ready cuz you've been long distance this whole time....You spend your tuesdays watching say yes to the dress, reading articles on how you can better yourself and someday improve your chances of getting the ring and love.

but somedays, do you ever feel like you will never get married?
  2. verabot89
    verabot89
    sometimes I do. I just can't imagine anyone actually wanting to commit to me that way, because every guy I meet thinks marriage as a concept is a trap and the worst thing on earth.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah. i dont know why guys see it that way. do they want to be single forever and die alone? i guess that's the life to them. banging chicks till their dicks fall off, till they can't get it up anymore that is. Sometimes I wonder why we were made so different. why women were made to love and men made to run
  4. sassypants
    sassypants
    i am sorry you are feeling like this

to be honest, I never expect to get married, and if it happens it happens

Marriage is right for different people at different times, I hope your time comes as soon as you want it to
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  5. Senior Member
    I have those days but then I remember that DB is the only person I ever want to be with and if all I can get from him is his love and we never get married I'll take what I can get. It is kinda weird to think anyone would want to make that kind of commitment to me but at the same time I know I would make that commitment to him. BTW my DB's excuse is he doesn't want to get married till I finish my masters because he doesn't want and LD marriage for over a year.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I feel that way but we're not in the same boat. I'm ok with being alone for a while though. Ask me again in a year. I hope your DB comes around.
  7. Senior Member
    I actually never even thought that I would ever get married before I met DB.
  8. Senior Member
    I understand. It feels like it will never happen. Right now I can hear my ovaries screaming at me and I want to be settled down with DB. I have to keep reminding myself that I have to wait because he is still deployed and there are things I need to do before I'm in a place where marriage and kids make sense.
  9. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

This time last year, all of my friends were getting engaged, married and having babies. DB & I were together for a while but he kept saying he did not want to get married at that time. He wanted to wait till we were at least 30. Fast forward to now and we have seriously been discussing getting married. Your time will come. Just be patient.

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyatheart86 View Post
    This time last year, all of my friends were getting engaged, married and having babies. DB & I were together for a while but he kept saying he did not want to get married at that time. He wanted to wait till we were at least 30. Fast forward to now and we have seriously been discussing getting married. Your time will come. Just be patient.
    this makes me hopeful...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast